All reviews country pub bread and butter pudding groupon voucher afternoon tea stratford upon avon sunday lunch evening meal lovely pub full english breakfast large car park old building following morning good nights sleep one night stay plenty of parking short break fires
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Clean comfortable spacious room, good setting in village not too far from Strafford-upon-Avon. WIFI an little poor in room 15 and the bar. The creaky floor in the adjoining corridor can keep a light sleeper awake. But over we would stay again if in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Weds night, quiet and we didn’t book, there was just the 2 of us. On arrival I mentioned to the waiter that I had a tastecard. We were shown to the dining area which had loads of empty tables so we sat at a table for 4 as it was near a window. I could see the owner speak to the young waiter as if telling him off we were sat at a bigger table. I defended him and said we had asked to sit here. He gave me a dirty look! Other diners came in and he seemed pleasant to them. I felt very sorry for the young waiter who apparently was new. Anyway, to start we had salmon and prawn Roulade and an asparagus wrapped in Parma ham. Both very nice. We both ordered the mixed grill. It looked nice, the chips and onion rings were amazing. Unfortunately the meat wasn’t great. The steak, lamb and pork all actually looked the same and taste wise you couldn’t tell much difference! I think it was precooked and then shown the grill for a minute before hitting the plate. It didn’t look freshly grilled. Not the best I’ve tasted. When we went to pay I mentioned again the tastecard to the waiter who said he was new and would need the owner to sort. The owner asked if we had booked because it didn’t say that on his system. I said no but I did mention the card when we arrived. He huffed and puffed and said he couldn’t apply the discount. I told him that if it was a problem when I arrived and told the waiter then I should have been told. He mumbled the waiter was new etc whilst still huffing and puffing. I replied it wasn’t my problem that the waiter was new! We were just staring at each other but I felt adamant I wasn’t going to pay the full price as it wasn’t that great. After more huffing he eventually applied the discount. Luckily we don’t live in the area and will never return anyway.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Arrived in sunshine to see people enjoying meals and drinks on front forecourt,went in and checked in which overlooked forecourt could here people talking but did not bother us,lovely spacious room,on suite bathroom with just shower no bath,body wash and gel supplied,tea and coffee facilities,tv,wi fi is free but very poor in room was that bad gave up with it and only a little better down in restaurant,did not try the evening meals but did look nice,breakfast was a little disappointing,they had cereals but no pastries,was lovely fresh orange juice also no fruit just yoghurts,u was then given toast and asked if u wanted full English breakfast there was no other choice or menu,was nice though,and hot,second day I asked just for egg on toast which they did oblige but think it threw the waiter a bit so a menu with choices would be good,all in all a good stay in the countryside with nice views I would recommend it,it is a old building with character and creaks and groans but they have had extensions which on the outside looks too modern but inside was done looking oldy woldy

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We had high hopes for our stay but were slightly disappointed. Nothing was worth complaining over but it wasn't quite right either. The room could have been a bit cleaner and more comfortable and the heating less noisy but nothing was really wrong.
The bar on the other hand is beautiful and we had a lovely meal in the restaurant. The big disappointment was breakfast. That said service all round was super friendly.
We definitely don't regret our stay and have pleasant memories but would probably not return.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The very friendly staff made us feel most welcome. The bar and restaurant had a good selection of meals at a very reasonable price.The portions were very generous We will certainly return when visiting Stratford - upon - Avon.

Date of stay: May 2018