“really good wood-fired pizza”

Rocco's Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Brought to you by the group that runs Siena and 800 Maple, Rocco's Wood Fired Pizza has more of a casual feel.Our wood-firfed oven is the heart of restaurant. Rocco's is the place for a family dinner or game day, a date night or special occasion.
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The pizza was great! The chicken soup had lots of fresh ingredients. We polished off the garlic-bread. The food came quickly. We are not huge fans of watching TV while we eat, that would be our only criticism, but lots of people don't mind having a TV on while they eat.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We were a large party but had a reservation. We were seated at a large high table which was very nice. Nice atmosphere and lots of large tv's to watch. They have a pretty large drink menu offering different types of beers. The waiter let me sample beer before ordering. Our group ordered several appetizers. The eggplant parm was delicious and the antipasto was good but stay away from the calamari. We had the arugula pizza which was delicious as well as the regular cheese pizza. It's not NYC pizza but pretty dam close and very good!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

G, perhaps the best pizza I have ever had. You hear about NYC pizza, Chicago pizza, child's play. Go to Rocco's Wood Fired Pizza outside Buffalo NY. Great atmosphere, good beer, Amazing Pizza.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Unquestionably the best pizza in the world!! Great atmosphere and courteous wait staff. Love Rocco's.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered a pizza for takeout because I had a coupon from an entertainment book for $5 off a takeout order of $20 or more. Believe it or not, a large one-topping pizza gets you over that threshold.

As I was walking in, I was almost hit by a car driving 40 through the parking lot. Turns out, the driver was a guy who walked in after me, brought his pizza and demanded his money back for his food because it was small and thin. They refunded his credit card and handled it better than your typical pizzeria would, which was encouraging.

When I order pizza, I have one simple but unusual request: that the restaurant not slice the pizza for me. I like to portion my own food, and I don't like the fact that places use the same pizza cutter for every pizza, regardless of toppings. I don't prefer inadvertent sausage or pepperoni or anchovies on the edges of my pizza slices. After waiting 45 minutes for a pizza (ordered at 8:30, showed up at 9:05, waited until 9:15), I am informed that they sliced the pizza. A little shocking that they can't read or follow instructions, particularly after the guy before me stormed in demanding his money back. But they offered to remake the pizza...I declined after the amount of time it took them to make one.

As for the pizza, it was just okay. It kind of tasted like they had dumped salt on it or in the sauce or in the flour rub. I ordered a single topping and there were about 12 or 14 of that topping total on the large pizza. I suggest skipping the toppings at $2.50 per.

Taking into account the wait time, the pickup, and the food quality, my experience was pretty underwhelming.

1  Thank Samuelsson1978