“Met My Expectations”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Ontario
“Met My Expectations”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Given that the Quality Inn is meant to be a lower cost hotel, the hotel met my expectations overall. The staff were polite and informative, the room was clean and functional. They are right across the street from the airport, but I found my room to be very quiet. In the morning, they were punctual in getting me to the airport and, on my return, were quick at picking me up.

I read some of the previous reviews of this place, and was surprised how disappointed others were. Perhaps more people tend to complain than praise?

Room Tip: I suppose they should get a room not facing the airport.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hhyndman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
alaska
Reviewed 14 August 2011

When i checked in it took 35 minutes, and i was the only person. When i entered the room, I found the comforters to be so hard they almost scratched me. The paintings on the wall made me want to cry. Also, the TV was very small I had to sit right next to it to watch it. The door to the bathroom was broken, and i could not even feel the water in my shower. I would not advise staying here.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Not-quality I

Travellers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Stillwater, MN
Reviewed 10 August 2011

On July 30th we (wife and two kids) were passing through Buffalo on our trip from Minnesota to visit my sister in Wallkill NY. Unbeknownst to us it was a three day Canadian holiday weekend so a lot of places were booked up. So under the circumstances "Quality" Inn in Buffalo had us over a barrel and must have felt they could take advantage of us and so they did. I was charged $228.49 for a very hard to find back lot room that smelled. It was a "take it or leave it" situation as by the time we got to Buffalo at 10:00pm the management indicated there weren't many alternatives in the area. I wasn't given the normal senior discount either becuase "it is a busy weekend". And to the dismay of the kids the pool was still closed (see previous review). Interesting on our return trip I booked a room at the LaQuinta outside of Chicago for Saturday 8/7 just the night before. Despite being fairly booked up like the "Quality" Inn they charged there normal Saturday fair of $113.38 including tax for two doubles and senior discount. The room was clean, the pool was open, and the Bright Side breakfast was filling.

By the way our original plans were to go to Montreal but by the time we attempted to book a room for the weekend the only things left there we pretty expensive too so we thought we'd save by going through Buffalo. Who knew that Buffalo has become a destination hotspot? In all honesty it seemed one of the more depressed places we passed through on the entire trip (including Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, etc.).

Lesson to be learned is to book early if you can and avoid the scammers. In hindsight I could have just kept driving the additional 6 hours to my sister's but the wife and kids had had enough by then and we eager for a swim.

Anyway, I'm sure management at the "Quality" knows that folks like us are not likely to return so why not "fleece the one nighters". Only problem with that logic is that folks like us take the time to write reviews to warn others of this "screw em while we can" business mentality. Oh Niagra Falls was a scenic drive but avoid Buffalo if you can!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank JustSayn_11
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2011

When we first checked into the Quality Inn, we were greeted by a stingy (to say the least) building. The first room we checked into had the toilet overflow. When we spoke with the front desk, they were very accommodating and immediately moved us to a different room. "Settled" after that little misadventure, we unpacked and got ready to relax, only to find that there was a major ant invasion on the nightstand! Needless to say, we left and checked into a different hotel nearby. The entire hotel smells like smoke and chlorine and it is very clear that they are in the midst of a major renovation. I just feel bad for all of the people stuck working there. They were extremely friendly and helpful, doing the best that they could given the Quality Inn's dismal lack of cleanliness and quality. Perhaps a name change is in order...

Room Tip: Don't go here! Simple as that.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank r3ynard
Newark, California
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The room smelled as if a person or animal had urinated in the corner of the room. The hotel staff were unhelpful & seemed not to care. The female manager was especially apathetic to the situation.

The hotel management seemed to be from a foreign country (I believe India). This specific management group seems to be running the hotel much like a slum lord would handle units that require repair (by avoiding the problem completely).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo