All reviews pancake machine walden galleria coffee tea hot chocolate famous daves hi express spacious room newer hotel safe area nice hotel niagara falls first floor meeting room the wi fi the breakfast area would stay here again a wonderful stay hockey tournament
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is a very nice hotel. I always enjoy staying at a Holiday Inn Express and this one was as good as expected. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because of a small issue at the check out counter in the morning. My mother and I really like to tip housekeeping and if there is someone working in the breakfast area we like to tip them too. However, neither of us had any small bills. My mother went to ask the young man at the counter for change and he stated that all he had in his register were 50's and maybe she could get change over at Target. I was a little shocked at his response. Target wasn't in walking distance, it was across a very busy multi-laned highway and we were only staying for one night. After breakfast we went and packed up and checked out. I remarked about the "Target" comment and he apologized but stated that he hadn't had time to "worry about" getting any change because he had been "slammed" all morning. I would just like to note that the entire time we were having breakfast and when we came to check out there were no customers at the counter. I know this seems minor, but you would think he would want to help us leave a tip for his hard working co-workers. Right? Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
hieithaca, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

We appreciate the candid review. Thank you for the four stars.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

It is a decent location and nice hotel if you're in the NIagara falls streams if you do not wish to be in the fray of that traffic of the park and away from the tourist traps. Good breakfast, very helpful staff, and clean rooms. NO Hot tub though..just to warn anyone.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the four stars!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Although the hotel itself is fine, we found it extremely noisy. We made the mistake of accepting a room on the first floor. The doors slam very loudly and it sounded like a herd of elephants was in the room above us. Very hard to sleep through the night. And I agree with other guests that the beds were uncomfortable.

They do have a little gym which we always appreciate. It was well stocked although lacks air circulation.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the candid review. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Once again, the Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East was a perfect place to stay. I called the day before our checkin and spoke with 'Dakota' who was very helpful. My main request is always a Quiet room - he made the arrangements so that when we checked in, we had a wonderfully quiet room at the very end of the hall - away from the elevators and ice machine! Perfect! The included breakfast was good and there's coffee/tea/hot chocolate and fruit available all day (even in the evening) so that was great too. It's a perfect location for shopping as the Galleria Mall is directly across the street and there's lots of restaurants nearby. The next morning we had a nice chat with some of the other members of the H.I. team who were all exceptionally cheerful and friendly. Will definitely stay here anytime we're in Buffalo.

Room Tip: For a Quet room - end of the hall away from elevators & ice machines
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had a wonderful stay. I came with a charter bus and upon arrival was greeted at the front desk by Cody and Jessica. I had booked 24 rooms and check in went smoothly. Our rooms were ready when we arrived at 3 pm. I had no complaints from the ladies in the group. We are a group of mature ladies and a few gents, who travel to various parts of NY State at least once a year and we have experienced some challenges but not at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. My room-219- was verrrrry large. The rooms had mini fridges, coffee maker(pods). Flat screen TVs with numerous channels available. Iron and ironing board. Wifi in the room was good. There is an indoor pool but we were too busy at a bowling tournament to use. There was coffee and tea in the lobby and in the early afternoon they baked cookies. They opened a meeting room for us to use for an evening of card playing and friendly conversation. The breakfast was complete with hot and cold items. Pancakes, biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage( including turkey), fruit, yogurt, danish(they were really good) coffee, teas and juices. I thank the people who worked the breakfast area. They were very efficient, they kept the food coming. They were friendly and very helpful. Jason was very outgoing, I think it was his first day on the job. Well done. Sorry I don't remember the young lady's name working along with him but kudos to both of you. No problem with checkout. My master bill for 24 rooms was ready and in an envelope. Really sorry I can't remember everyone's name who we interfaced with during our stay but I can only say Job well done
The hotel is close to several restaurants and a mall. Within a 1/2 block is famous Daves Bbq and then there was Applebee's and Friday's within a walkable distance.

Room Tip: 219 is a very large accessible room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends