“Perfect location, clean rooms, great staff! *travel agent review*”

Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect location, clean rooms, great staff! *travel agent review*”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here one night on May 6th before flying out to Jamaica. The flight was a lot cheaper out of Buffalo than our home city of Toronto. I've used BUF airport numerous times to save costs - and that BUF airport is really easy and stress-free to use!

The hotel is very clean with tons of amenities and it's right across the street from the terminal! After we parked the car (I recommend preferred lot A) we crossed the street to get to the hotel - that's how close it is.

We both forgot to get some drugstore stuff and the airport shuttle driver was nice enough to take us to a nearby Walgreens. All the staff were super friendly and helpful - thank you!

The room itself was spotless - especially the bathroom which is rare. We had two double beds which were very comfortable! It was a nice touch to have a microwave and a flat screen television!

We didn't use any of the facilities like the gym or pool but I did check them out and they seemed fine!

We didn't have a lot of time at this hotel since we had to fly out so early the next day.

We did eat at their restaurant though! The prices were actually good considering it's at a hotel but the food wasn't that great. My chicken was incredibly dry and my friends pasta was covered in heavy cream sauce to the point where you wondered if there was any pasta at all!

Breakfast was included in our rate but they don't start till 6 AM and we were out the door by 5 so that was a bit of a bummer.

Aside from that, no complaints! Clean and comfortable and close by - that's all we wanted and what we got! :)

Room Tip: They're all good! It's just a place to sleep really.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jooolz1976
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am sure as a travel agent you travel often as well as staying in many hotels, and it means a lot to us that you took the time to give us feedback about your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer, including our complimentary shuttle that was able to bring you to a local pharmacy. I do want to apologize about the quality of your dinner in our restaurant. I can assure you I will be speaking to my food and beverage manager as well as head chef as this is not acceptable. We take pride in our restaurant here on property and this is not our standard of service. I do hope to see you again in your future travels to Buffalo, and again I thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My recent stay, (May 04 2012) was a start to a fantastic vacation in Florida.

I was welcomed heartily by the front-desk, which was very welcoming. I was thanked kindly for being a HHonors Member, which is always nice.

The hotel is in great condition, clean, and very inviting. My hotel room was facing away from the airport, and apart from the occasional train off in the distance (this did not bother me at all), was VERY quiet. The hotel is literally walking distance from Buffalo Niagara International, which is amazingly handy. For those with luggage and children, the Courtesy Shuttle is a great option available at NO COST.

When I got to my room, I noticed there was a personalized message from the General Manager (Ken Burke), inviting me to the hotel. I cannot stress how much this little touch actually made me feel more welcoming. More GM's need to model themselves after Ken's personal touch.

The breakfast buffet is slightly above the standard, making my choice for staying here even more enjoyable.

I did have one small issue that did NOT change my exceptional opinion of this stay - I requested an 8:30 pickup time for the shuttle to take me to the airport, however at 8am I received a phone call from the front-desk asking me if I was going to make the shuttle. I was confused as I know I had asked for a 8:30 pickup time, but nonetheless I was ready to go, and this really did not impede or change my opinion of my stay. Others might feel differently though.

Overall, I was extremely satisfied with this hotel. The personal touch from the manager, the ability to park your car (through a slightly higher rate choice), and the cheerful and welcoming staff make this a no-brainer for a pre-flight stay.

I would NOT hesitate to choose this hotel again in the future. Thanks to Ken and his staff for making my stay amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-airport view for a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank YYZAviator
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with and commented about the personal touches. We try to display this to all our guests. We believe the small attention to detail will enhance the guest experience with us. I do hope you visit us again in your travels to Buffalo and again thank you.
Upland, California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed for almost a week at the Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport in mid-April when I was teaching a class nearby. The hotel is great and the staff are incredible. One lady - Erin - who works the fornt desk was exceptional. She went well beyond the "call of duty" to help me with an upcoming reservation at a different Hilton brand in Philadelphia. But all of the staff that I encountered were really good and very nice. The hotel was very clean and the room was well appointed. And, I liked that we could take the shuttle to where we were teaching and later to nearby restaurants. That was an unexpected bonus. I traveled a lot this year and am already a Hilton honors "gold" member. So I've seen a lot of hotels and this hotel rates as one of the best that I've stayed at.

Room Tip: I faced the road and didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am happy Erin was of assistance to you during your sta. She truly showed what customer service is all about and I will be sure to share your comments with her. I also thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Gold member. It is wonderful you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle; we find our guests truly enjoy this amenity. I do hope to see you again in your next travels to Buffalo. Thank you again for your feedback and comments.
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight when we did a shopping trip to Buffalo! The staff were very friendly and the rooms were fantastic! We loved the location, and will be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoria M
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us on your shopping trip to Buffalo. I am unsure if you took advantage of our complimentary hotel shuttle, if not we do offer the shuttle to the Galleria mall, which we find our guests truly enjoy. Thank you as well for your comments about our staff and the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Love love love this hotel! Every time Im traveling from buffalo airport I always stay at the hilton garden inn! Its so convenient customer service is great! rooms are nice and clean. There always willing to accommodate to our needs. The pool is nice and they have a whirlpool which is great! Rates are always good especially if you book in advance!

Room Tip: Dont get a room near the second entrance if your staying on the 1st floor the door slamming can be a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I also would like to thank you for your loyalty as you are a regular guest of ours, and we appreciate that as we know you have other options while traveling to the Buffalo area. I thank you for your comments on our customer service, the hotel and our amenities such as our large pool and jacuzzi area. I will be sure to share them with my staff. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in Buffalo. Thank you again.