“awful service - unable to solve problems”

Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I read earlier reviews about bed bugs for this hotel so I was leery. I checked for bugs and did not find any. However our room had a broken toilet seat (screws needed to be tightened) and we reported that to the front desk immediately. We left our room for 4 hours so staff could fix the toilet seat. Upon return the seat was still broken, but more importantly we couldn't get into our room - the room keys would not work. The front desk gave me 6 different coded keys and none worked. There was only 1 desk staff and he was registering guests couldn't come to our room to open our door. Eventually (after waiting 25 minutes in the lobby) the desk person tried many different coded keys and none of them opened the door. We continued to wait (it's now been 1 hour) and front desk had to call to get security clearance to use a "master" key to open our room. When I said this was unacceptable - we were paying for a room we couldn't get into, I was told I'd have to call the main Best Western office tomorrow morning (which wasn't possible as we went to Mexico). I couldn't believe no offer was made for 20% discount on price or something else. We were told there were no other rooms available to switch but that wouldn't have helped anyway - our luggage was locked in a room we couldn't get into. I rarely complain but because of the exceedingly poor service and inability to problem solve I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TorontoTraveller010
thengst, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

We appreciate all comments regarding our Best Western. I have to say that it is a rare thing that the wheels come falling off for any valued guest and would hope to correct problems before departure. I see that you stayed with us back in July 2011 but now commenting on your stay, therefore my memory is challenged. I respond to all guest concerns and generally within 24 hours of hearing the matter. Please contact me if I can offer future rate consideration on your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My family and I stayed overnight at the hotel after a long flight from Adelaide.

We were greeted by the friendliest service staff i've ever met. He was passionate about service, and gave us insides to the local area and where would be great for visits. Although we were set off early the next morning, the staff ensured we had everything we needed for a good night's rest.

The room was big enough for the five of us, and it was clean.

The breakfast was simple, yet delicious.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for the great comments! Our staff takes pride in our Best Western and intends to lead the industry in superior customer care. That is our mission! Let me know the next time you will be in town and visiting us again. -Troy

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Had to change my reservation to a Saturday, so got there around 1pm, forgot to request early check in, but when i got there was told they probably could not honor it anyway. Did request a room with micro/refrig. Would have had to wait unitl after 3pm and then might not have had that room. So took one without it on the first floor near the ice maker. Used the micro in the breakfast area, lost some fozen food we had with us. My friend got there earlier than, I was told no rooms until check in time. Did not want to wait in the lobby with the desk person glareing at her, until i got there so came over to the airport to pick me up. I had picked this hotel because it had an airport shuttle.
No clock in the room asked at the front desk was told there should be a radio/clock. Went back and looked not there. Finally the night desk clerk said when the shuttle driver got back. He would bring one in waited nearly 3 hours he finally came by with one , asked that he set it. Noticed it kept blinking, thought he he might not have touched the clock set again. So i reset 3 times. Mentioned the clock issue when i checked out. They said they knew the clock did not work.
Also no manger was going to be there until Monday around 10am.
It was quiet did not hear the airplanes taking off or landing, behind Denny's , dated like the others said.

Room Tip: second floors have micro/refrig
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank feather_7
thengst, General Manager at Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

We appreciate and value all feedback and value the time of our Best Western travelers. All rooms are now inspected and communication between housekeeping and front desk has improved. This will allow for quicker updates when rooms are clean and ready, making early check-in a better possibility. We hope that you stop by and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

We stayed here on Nov 24/11 to be close to the airport for an early morning flight, and leave our car. The hotel is a little bit dated, the breakfast was somewhat limited but the staff was great! Andrew, at check-in, was fast, friendly, efficient and very pro-active (It was a very busy time with so many checking in to be ready for Black Friday shopping). The morning staff was also nice but could use a little more "Andrewness". When we returned from our trip and called for the shuttle to take us to our car, Andrew was again on duty, and very nice. The young lady driving the shuttle was great too.
The only real negative would be - the long term parking is off-site now and it would have been nice to know that ahead of time.
Should note - for being so close to the airport, never heard any plane noise.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dusty008
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The reception was very business like and I didn't really feel wellcome. The hotel is somewhat dated, don't know how old it is.

The room was nice enough, the sink right next to the rooms door is a first for me. Kind of strange place to place a sink. (See picture).

The bed was nice and was actually excatly the way I like it. So no complaints here. Very complete breakfast starting at 4:30 am (jupp, this is also a first!!) and since I usually am on german time perfect for me. Everything from 3 different cerials to bagels, toast, cheese buiskits, etc. On top of that, there was even a waffle iron, Yummie!

One of the few places I have stayed that actually had yogurt and boiled eggs. The orange juice was just that, juice. Now yellow water. Very nice!!

Free shuttle to the airport (3 min.).

All in all, I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had one facing the main road, maybe the ones to the back are a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business