All reviews the breakfast area albany area room was clean third floor room easy chair nice breakfast wedding weekend waffle maker pool and hot tub morning breakfast bagels night's sleep staff was very friendly and helpful very nice stay key card close proximity would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

A very clean, simple but comfortable, room and indoor pool and jacuzzi (both at perfect temperatures) made for a good overnight pick. Breakfast was the now typical selection of (for me) inedible eggs, breads, and cereals. Fresh oranges and bananas were delicious and the self made waffle proved to be a guilty pleasure. I will stay here again when the need arises.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2017

The rooms are what you expect from Comfort Inn - clean, relatively spacious (queen bed, desk, desk chair, easy chair, bench for luggage, chest with tv, good sized closet). Bathroom is tight - no room for 2 to get ready. Breakfast was fresh and hot, with very helpful staff person (though implication you should tip was odd). Neither eggs nor french toast were great (they are hotel food), but there were hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal packets,fresh fruit, and other options. There was a noisy group in the lobby my first night, but my room was totally silent. Not a luxury or quaint hotel, but very good for a chain. A bit expensive but cheaper hotels in this area are not nearly as good.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Nothing but trouble at this hotel for the two hours we gave it before leaving to find another. First of all, watch out if you book using a site such as Travelocity - they will charge you for a suite and it's at the hotel staff's discretion whether you'll actually get one or not. In my case, I did not. So I was charged $154 and change for a very small room with two double beds. The first room we were given had a pungent aroma of body odor which hit you like a ton of bricks as soon as we walked in the room. I looked to my left and saw that the toilet seat was up and streaked with urine. We turned around, and requested a different room. The desk manager seemed indifferent but agreed to give us another room and promised it was a "great room" - this one happened to have pink sticky stuff splattered on the wallpaper above the headboards, white crusty stuff on the bed skirt, and a more faint smell of Thai or maybe Indian food. My children were begging to use the pool so my husband took them while I hung back to see what Travelocity could do given my experience, and when I called them the rep told me that the hotel manager refused to speak with her and hung up on her - there was nothing they could do at that point. I was headed to meet my husband and kids at the pool when the fire alarm went off! People started running down the hallways, my husband and children were soaking wet, another lady pushed my husband down as she bolted for the emergency exit. Now we were outside in 25 degree weather, my young kids soaking wet - thankfully my husband had his car keys so we could sit in the car and warm up!! NOBODY from the hotel came outside with blankets or towels for the other guests standing outside. The fire department never showed up - despite the hallways being smoky. The front desk clerk claimed it was from the pool being too steamy...I was not willing to take my chances! We checked out and the ONLY good thing I can say about this hotel is that they reversed the charge on my card. There are much better options out there in this area - please do not waste your time or money on this. The lobby may fool you, the exterior may fool you - but this hotel is poorly operated, has very run down, small, smelly, dirty rooms, and obviously any hotel that doesn't take a fire alarm seriously - especially one that causes guests to be forced outside, dripping wet in the middle of winter, is not a good choice.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from this hotel as possible!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
ComfortInnEGALB, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Much of your dissatisfaction with your visit hinges on poor communication on all sides. There is no record in our logs of your dissatisfaction with your room; our staff responds quickly to guest concerns. There was no indication in your reservation that you requested a suite, so we checked you into a standard room with two queen-sized beds. We have no record of a phone call from Travelocity. Certainly we did not hang up on their representative; we do not run away from guest concerns. There was no smoke because there was no fire – as our front desk associate explained to you, we recently had a couple of occasions when, on cold days, steam from the spa set off the pool room’s smoke detectors. Although we acknowledge that there were problems with your stay, communication with us would have allowed us to respond in a manner satisfying to you. We understand that a full refund is not the ideal solution for anyone. We apologize for the issues you encountered and thank you for the opportunity to continue to improve our service.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Had to ask for a room change as my first room was across from the ice machine. Second room backed onto the I90 so I was awake at dawn. Room was clean and when I found the TV didn't work, they sent someone up immediately. Good breakfast but no gluten free options.

Room Tip: Get in early to get a front of hotel room. Address on site is in wrong city so you can't find it on GPS.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Danielle B, Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear Mary,

Danielle Burkshot
Assistant General Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites, Schodack
518-479-3167

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Stayed here on business for two nights. I ignored the musty smell when I first put on the heat. Did I say heat? I needed to turn up the thermostat to 84 degrees to get the heater to blow warm air. By the second morning I was getting sick. The room was in need of serious updating and the heating system blew musty air. Unhealthy. Will not return unless they improve the air quality.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business