This was my first stay in this part of the Albany area, and I chose this Comfort Inn primarily because its location was so convenient for an early morning business appointment.
The inn makes a great first impression, with well-kept grounds and an impressive lobby & mezzanine. The room itself was clean and well-maintained, free of strong Lysol or other cleaning odors. Bedding was comfortable and clean, as was the bathroom. There were a few small weak spots -- the door required a strong slam to fully engage the lock, and the room was cursed with the typical noisy motel heating/AC unit.
In spite of being just west of I-90, my north-facing room was pretty free of traffic noise. But although the building looks much nicer than most Comfort Inns, it's construction quality isn't any sturdier. If you're on the first or second floors, you'll hear every footstep in the rooms above.
Check-in was quick & pleasant, and the breakfast offerings were a tad better than average. If I travel to this area again, I'd definitely consider staying at this inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A rich, traditional decor in shown throughout the grand two story lobby, airy breakfast mezzanine and elegant ballroom space, to set this hotel apart. Award winning hospitality service. Free WiFi and Free Breakfast for all guests. Daily shuttles to area restaurants. Located just east of Albany, New York's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush Hotel Castleton On Hudson
- Comfort Inn East Greenbush
- East Greenbush Comfort Inn