“Looks nicer online”

Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel given the photos I saw online. The front desk staff was very nice but was more concerned with talking to each other than helping guests. I read a lot of reviews that said the breakfast was very good but I was not impressed. I ate it once and went out for breakfast the remainder of my stay. The noise level was terrible. My room was all the way to the back of the hotel and I was still kept awake by noisy people in the surrounding rooms. The worst culprit for the noise was housekeeping vacuuming the hallway outside my room at 10 pm and banging the vacuum into walls and doors. The website made it seem like it was just outside of Albany but it took me close to 30 minutes to commute to Albany each day. The worst part was the cleanliness. There was a gum wrapper in the sheets of the bed and a very scary stain on the bed skirt that made me sick to my stomach. I work in a hotel and there are a lot of things they could do better. Overall not impressed.

Stayed: March 2015
James G, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Good Afternoon abeaver221,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations while you stayed with us. I understand how frustrating it could be for a hotel to not provide the comfort, quietness and quality expected. Though there were parts of your stay you were not satisfied with, I am pleased that we are addressing these issues specifically the linens and breakfast. I am also pleased that our housemen are vacuuming, though 10pm is far too late in the evening for that. I would love to hear more from your stay as the more information the better we can tailor our service to the guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

James S. Griffith

Reviewed 21 February 2015

Wonderful, clean, comfortable hotel! Stayed in a king suite and it was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel is at a great location for visiting the Albany area 10 to 15 minutes away) or if you are doing the Hudson Bershire wine trail. It's easily accessed off the highway yet it feels very private and peaceful. A Nice Breakfast and wifi are included. The lobby is beautiful with a fireplace. Staff was friendly and super accommodating, especially the wonderful gentleman Joe at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IvetteDiMarco1242
Reviewed 16 January 2015

My wife and I got stuck in an ice storm and had to make an emergency stop. We found this Comfort Inn right off of the highway near Albany, NY. What a great stay it was! I've stayed at dozens of Comfort Inn's in my life, and this one by far was the nicest. It was beautifully laid out, with spacious rooms, a beautiful lobby. and kept very clean. The free breakfast was good - they had hot things as well as cereal, muffins, and danishes. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are going to stay in the Albany area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 15 December 2014

First clue that this hotel does NOT have its act together is when they said we didn't have a reservation - "It was last Saturday." Noting this wasn't booked until the day after this suggests you need to both book on line and print out if you intend to stay here - no phone booking for these guys.
No sleep for most of night. Rowdy celebration - adults running up and down corridors bashing on doors - and despite calls to reception NOTHING was done as far as we are aware - as it just continued.
Prior stays here were fine. Nothing to write home about - just a regular Comfort Inn. After last night we will 'not' be staying again. If the staff can't stop a public disturbance then they should call the police.

This was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. The rooms may be O.K. The noise level isn't.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TourMD
Reviewed 1 December 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this property multiple times since it opened. It has been allowed to deteriorate. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls. We went to leave the hotel room after our first night there (had booked four nights) and WERE LOCKED IN DUE TO A FAULTY DEAD BOLT. Thank god there wasn't an emergency other than a severe case of claustrophobia! They had to come with a crowbar and get us out. They did switch us to another room for the remainder of our stay. However, it would have been good business to comp the room for one night. Our children live in the Albany area and we are there frequently. Someone didn't take the long view on customer satisfaction. All the staff is very nice but the hotel is definitely downhill. Heating element was very loud and finally had to sleep all the remaining nights with the heat totally off! Nine inches of snow and had to choose sleep!!! The back door to the outside WASN'T SECURE and anyone could have gotten in - without a key card!!!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
3.5 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
6 km away
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
5.2 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
24.6 km away
Best Western New Baltimore Inn
Best Western New Baltimore Inn
#1 of 2 in West Coxsackie

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush? Share your experiences!