All reviews the breakfast area albany area room was clean third floor room easy chair nice breakfast wedding weekend waffle maker pool and hot tub morning breakfast bagels night's sleep staff was very friendly and helpful very nice stay key card close proximity would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 16 January 2015

My wife and I got stuck in an ice storm and had to make an emergency stop. We found this Comfort Inn right off of the highway near Albany, NY. What a great stay it was! I've stayed at dozens of Comfort Inn's in my life, and this one by far was the nicest. It was beautifully laid out, with spacious rooms, a beautiful lobby. and kept very clean. The free breakfast was good - they had hot things as well as cereal, muffins, and danishes. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are going to stay in the Albany area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 15 December 2014

First clue that this hotel does NOT have its act together is when they said we didn't have a reservation - "It was last Saturday." Noting this wasn't booked until the day after this suggests you need to both book on line and print out if you intend to stay here - no phone booking for these guys.
No sleep for most of night. Rowdy celebration - adults running up and down corridors bashing on doors - and despite calls to reception NOTHING was done as far as we are aware - as it just continued.
Prior stays here were fine. Nothing to write home about - just a regular Comfort Inn. After last night we will 'not' be staying again. If the staff can't stop a public disturbance then they should call the police.

This was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. The rooms may be O.K. The noise level isn't.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TourMD
Reviewed 1 December 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this property multiple times since it opened. It has been allowed to deteriorate. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls. We went to leave the hotel room after our first night there (had booked four nights) and WERE LOCKED IN DUE TO A FAULTY DEAD BOLT. Thank god there wasn't an emergency other than a severe case of claustrophobia! They had to come with a crowbar and get us out. They did switch us to another room for the remainder of our stay. However, it would have been good business to comp the room for one night. Our children live in the Albany area and we are there frequently. Someone didn't take the long view on customer satisfaction. All the staff is very nice but the hotel is definitely downhill. Heating element was very loud and finally had to sleep all the remaining nights with the heat totally off! Nine inches of snow and had to choose sleep!!! The back door to the outside WASN'T SECURE and anyone could have gotten in - without a key card!!!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2014

First, the good. Friendly check in. Nice pool. Room was clean at check in (more on that later). The breakfast was great, and the woman who kept the breakfast room clear was awesome. Also, the lobby and breakfast area are bright and sunny. Very cheerful.

The bad. We left our room at noon (2 night stay) and returned at 10pm. It had not been cleaned. No refreshing of coffee. No making of the bed. That night, I got 3 phone calls in a row starting at 630am, and when I complained I was told "oh well, we have college kids here." I finally figured out I should unplug the darn phone. AND there was water damage on the ceiling above the tub, which we didn't notice the first night we'd checked in.

This is no 5 'star' hotel. Seriously for a world class experience, or even a top notch Comfort Inn experience, this is average.

Room Tip: Don't stay across from the pool or the ice machine. Noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2014

We stayed one night Oct 9, 2014. It was as near perfect as a hotel can get. Spotless room - comfortable bed. Good shower. Beautiful premises and pretty quiet. Excellent staff. Gas station and store next door - no noise problem. Good breakfast. A big difference was the pool and hot-tub. The pool room was nice and warm. When you finish and leave the pool, you will not be shivering. The pool water was the warmest we've ever experienced - just go right in - no waiting for the usual adjustment to cool/cold water. It was great and it was a really good size pool. Then we enjoyed the hot-tub which had some really strong jet action. My wife thought the temp was ok - I thought maybe a couple of degrees too warm. Far and away the best pool room we've ever seen. The only thing missing we like to use is a safe. But we'd love to stay there again. For those of you who like Cracker Barrel restaurants, there's one at the next exit toward Albany.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family