“Best night's sleep”

Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Erie, PA
“Best night's sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Had to cut vacation short due to Hurricane Irene, and need place to stop overnite before the long ride home. Luckily saw this place on the way, and was pleasantly surprised. The outside was clean and manicured, easy access off of I-90, and the decor inside was up-to-date and fresh. Our room was clean and had nice fluffy pillows, soft blankets and comforter, and clean modern bathroom. The pool and jacuzzi were great. The rooms were quiet and we had a great night's sleep. There is a gas station, pharmacy and donut shop near. We were advised to eat at Mercato's about a mile or so from the motel, and would highly recommend it, homemade sauce and bread! There was also a nice free breakfast, with fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, etc. Was a great place to stop for the night, are happy we did!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here one night after cutting our stay short at a bad nearby old inn, and the Comfort Inn exceeded our expectations - it was clean, pretty quiet (one loud group of people walked/talked loudly through hallway at about 1 am, but that can happen anywhere), comfy king bed w/good sheets, nice bath/shower area, everything was fairly new and clean. We would stay here again. It's not a fantastic hotel (we usually prefer Hamptons or DoubleTree), but it's quite good for the location and price. Only disappointment is that the pool was quite cold, so we just sat in the hot tub instead which wasn't very hot, more like a warm pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Madison, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

So this was a quick, one night stop coming back from the Saratoga Track and I love it. My biological parent, my little sister, and I all stayed in the Rockefeller Suite and I felt like a celebrity. In the Rockefeller Suite there is:
-a legit kitchen and dining are
-jacuzzi and shower
-more home decor than a normal hotel room
-DVD player and surround sound.

As a one night stop, this room was amazing. However, there is only one huge bed and 1 pull out couch. So my family and I were cozy.

xoxo
JD

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

On our travel route and our pick based on trip advisor reviews. Not fancy but very nice main foyer area and clean. EZ off and on Exit 10 of I90. Hassle free check in and check out. Jacuzzi and pool area looked nice although we didn't utilize. Continental breakfast area was very clean and the food was basic but fresh. Our room was basic but very clean. Only concern was the lack of a functioning deadbolt on our rooms door. We made the front desk aware at checkout and they indicated this would be addressed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

The address is incorrect though, as are all the reviews. This Comfort Inn is actually located in East Greenbush and the reviews match up to that location. The address should be 99 Miller Road, East Greenbush, NY. The Castleton-on-Hudson location is nice as well though. Once they get the address issues straightened out for both, I would this a higher rating on that aspect.
Anyway, we stayed at this comfort inn with extended family (group of 19 people, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas - all age groups). My son graduated from SUNY Albany and we all came up for that. We had a late check in so we were not able to use the facilities as much as I would have liked, but the room and hallways were very clean and the staff was very nice. I wanted to rate the service higher, but as nice as the staff was it was a little hard to get anything. I called for towels, and ran to get breakfast. When I got back, no towels and I just grabbed some from a cleaning lady. Also we had several youngsters (ages 2-11) who were a little excited to be in a hotel with a pool. We did good to keep them as quiet as possible (no screaming but they still ran not walked in halls and lots of giggly girls). Someone called desk and complained. i wasn't surprised that they sent someone to ask us not to let girls run in hallway, but I was surprised with how the man responded to the kids themselves. He could have been a little nicer.
The rooms were so-so. I think my wife reserved a junior suite with a kitchenette, but it ended up being the same as a regular double with a microwave, fridge and some counters & cabinets. The pull out couch had a twin sofa mattress that so thin it could have been an eggshell foam pad wrapped in curtain fabric. Plus it had some really disgusting looking pee(?) stains all over it. Needless to say, I just had the girls sleep on the floor and said it was a sleepover instead. Aside from that nightmare, the room was very clean. The double beds were good, got good rest from them.
The FREE (who complains about free - oh yeah me!) breakfast was good. They had the usual waffle griddles going, but with cinnamon and regular waffles. They also had cherry topping and whipped cream to add. Hot sausage, lots of cold cereal, muffins, bagels & bread. No hot eggs, just cold hard-boiled. Cold french toast as well (you warm it up in microwave).
I would definitely recommend this hotel to a family. Pool opened at 7am, my kids were up at 6:30 and ready to get in it. Hot tub was nice and seemed clean.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush
3.5 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
6.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
5.7 km away
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
18.2 km away
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush? Share your experiences!