“Best on the lake ”
Review of Gary's Restaurant

Gary's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Canastota
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This place is the best out of all the places on the east side of Oneida lake all homemade and the owner is always there to say hello

Reviewed 14 September 2016

My wife and I have tried this restaurant twice, and both times we were disappointed. The salad bar had water based cheese product and Baco's fake bacon chips rather than real cheese and bacon bits. My wife had steamers that were so loaded with sand, they were inedible. When we brought this to the waitresses attention, she snapped back that this is how they come. I mentioned that if you soak little necks in cool fresh water for a couple hours, they clean themselves. The waitress shot me a nasty look, and took my wife's plate away, and did not ask if she would like something else. My dinner consisted of a chicken breast that was broiled to oblivion. Sadly both vists were equally disappointing. The restaurant sits on a beautiful spot on Oneida Lake, and could be a gem; unfortunately the food and service is quite poor, and the view cannot distract from that fact.

2  Thank Howard J
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went to Gary's with friends last week. Truly enjoyed ourselves. Quiet with a beautiful view of Oneida Lake. We all had the Greek shrimp. Shrimp, feta, spinach over angel hair. Menu said it was over rice but our server was glad to change it to angel hair. It was delicious! Salad bar is nice-fresh lettuce, macaroni salad, potato salad, beets. A very nice night and experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

DO NOT GO THERE !!! We went there for the "cans and clams" special. The waitress - after giving us Merlot in a dirty glass - told us that they only have 7 dozen. The table next to us apparently order their entire supply - REALLY !!!! Whatever, the view is awesome but that's about it. Don't go there and waste your money - this place will not survive. Sorry.

1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Gary's is a modest little restaurant on the shore of Oneida Lake which has been in business forever. My wife and I visited Gary's recently for the first time in several years. We both ordered one of the evening specials, Chicken Oscar. We were served a small half chicken breast with blue cheese and asparagus-- no crabmeat, a baked potato and the salad bar for $15.95. A bit expensive for a small serving. But Gary's is a local institution... and you do get to look out over the lake.