“Pizza!”
Review of The Toast

The Toast
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Canastota
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I came to Canastota on a Monday and all the other restaurants were closed. Fortunately, the person I came to meet with arrived at noon. By 12:15 the restaurant was full of locals and policemen on their lunch break. This is clearly a local favorite.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Have gone here quite a few times with my boyfriend. Very quaint, cute, sweet little bakery breakfast place in the Village of Canastota. Great bakery items and very nice/different breakfast items. Little pricey so we don’t go as often as we’d like, plus it’s a bakery so we’d be rolling out if we did. Service is always great, the owners are always there and very pleasant. Always a different selection of bakery items when we go in, so there’s always something new to try- this is a good thing, but also can be frustrating because if you are looking forward to having something you had before it probably won’t be there the next time you go. (They take orders though).

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Had a business breakfast at "The Toast" in Canastota, NY. This little quaint place is a must if you're traveling through.
All homemade -to order items. Very unique and eclectic menu. Atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming and very clean.
Small town feel and the staff is amazing.
Give it try, it won't disappoint !

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Always some new pastry to indulge in. Breakfast is great, portions are very generous. I would go here any time.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

A cute little place in downtown Canastota! Good to see a lively business in a tired town. My friend and I went here for lunch. The choices were rather hard to figure out from what the board menu said. They were definitely not your usual fare for CNY (which is fine), but we needed some time to decide and the menu is on the wall right next to the order desk. It would have been easier if you could stand back and look at the whole menu board or look at paper menus at your table. At 12:15 they were all out of soup(?). Our dishes were good and beautifully presented, though my friend's was dry; the poached egg was not runny at all and needed to be . I brought home two pastries which were good but a little dry. I want to go back for breakfast which I hear is very good.