“delightful for a yummy breakfast”

Lafayette Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Reviewed 24 March 2016

very tasty food,well prepared and imaginative menu. Comfortable and friendly atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal!!

1  Thank PTL627

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This diner off the parking lot of a hotel is a local mainstay and with good reason. The service is friendly and personal, the food comfortable, delicious and plentiful and the prices reasonable! Every time I find myself in Canandaigua I make a point of trying to stop by as I always leave content and satisfied! A group of older locals seem to make this their daily meeting place which makes the atmosphere that much more pleasant. Excellent breakfast! I especially recommend the home fries and asking for the home baked bread!

1  Thank Safarib0und
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

I have been coming to the Lafayette restaurant (and, on occasion, the
motel too),for the last five years.
It is unpretentious, quaint, cozy, diner like, very comfortable and healthy eating (or if I want to be a little sinful I can eat all kinds of delectable treats that will add pounds!)
The staff are more than cooks several of them are clearly chef quality people with extensive experience and formalized training in such things.

In the spirit of complete honesty, this is in my hometown.
Also true is that I haven't lived here in more than 35 years; but when I discovered this wonderful little place five years ago, I have to tell you despite all the other choices in town this place is without a doubt the keeper of the bunch.
I might add that I have traveled extensively to over 45 of our United States and sometimes it is true you just can't beat what's in your own backyard...or as Dorothy once
said, "there's no place like home"!
A number of fast food places are within a few minutes of the Lafayette, but this is just good food quickly.

Lafayette is a very unassuming place but one look around at the happy eclectic mix of people, let's you know that people have discovered what used to be Canandaigua's best kept secret!
This place just has great food, good prices and a very real, down-home comfortable atmosphere.
It's open for breakfast and lunch and even on some days a week for a few hours a tasty treat for dinner...Thursday and Friday when I've visited.
Should you be interested in a less expensive motel in a town that has one of the finest lakes in the US and a very enjoyable
community nestled in the heart of the finger Lakes you won't be disappointed there either.

1  Thank tomas1000
Reviewed 20 August 2015

This is a super homey throwback diner/restaurant which has been around since after world war two. It is adorable, kitchy and a chronicler of community life with newspaper clippings, nick-knacks and cute signs everywhere.

There is plenty of parking, wi-fi, either tables or the counter. The staff is super friendly if you are and there are tons of “nothing fancy” breakfast options.

My standard ham and cheese omelet was a little runny, but I’m sure you could ask it not be. The side potatoes are very flavorful. Coffee is brown – not for the coffee perfectionist.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This is a small free-standing downtown restaurant with adequate off-street parking with an adjacent motel complex. We were seated promptly & served by a charming waitress. There is an expansive
breakfast menu and is reasonably priced. Coffee & beverages were served promptly & refilled throughout our meals.
All 4 of us had our different meals served at the same time. I had the Texas Toast French Toast & an order of crisp bacon which I thoroughly
enjoyed. (All of us finished our plates).
There are two serving areas & I would recommend the back room which was quite comfortable.

Thank Mr. Boss