“Really good German food”

Rheinblick German Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The food here is certainly authentic. The portions are large. But they are pricey. At nearly $20 a plate and up I felt this was a bit pricey.

Other than that we had a great time. The wait staff is dressed in German costumes. We enjoyed the selection of German Beer and wine. We would certainly come back!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Vacationing in the Finger Lakes Region and visited this restaurant. Very good service and wonderful german food. Should have saved room for the apple strudel. There are not too many places where you can get german food, so if you like it don't pass this up. Great evening, great food.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We were so excited to find that Canandaigua had a highly rated German cuisine restaurant. I had the "Metzger" wurst platter which had 5 different sausages along with great mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. Hubby had a pork hock which was quite large and tasty. Also had mashed potatoes with sauerkraut. Both meals had a nice salad with mixed greens and super dressing. Oh yeah, we each had a 16oz German beer! We added potato pancakes but agreed they were a bit disappointing-too greasy. There was a nice dessert assortment, but we were too full. I thought the place was noticeably clean and decorated tastefully with German accents. The waitresses wear traditional beer hall dresses and they were all very attentive. They have seating outside in the alley but it was closed due to rain. To me, it looked European.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on a recent trip to the Finger Lakes. Service was excellent, and the waitresses were very friendly. Made us feel like home. The food was good, but not exceptional. I had the jagerschnitel which was a bit over done but tasty. My husband had the weinerschnitzel. It was good but, again, a bit well done. I would go back to try the Sauerbraten.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

As an italian, my second favorite food is german, I love the culture, the music and the food and Rheinblick's has it all. My wife and I have eaten here several times and have never been dissappointed. I love hearing the authentic german music being played as we eat. The closest you can get on this side of the pond.