“Treasure in the village”
Review of Wine and Roses - CLOSED

Wine and Roses
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonder to have such a nice cozy spectacular treasure such as this in our village! Food is high quality, prepared better than many high priced restaurants, and ambiance is a welcome drop of unpretentious simple elegance.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

In town visiting family and staying nearby on the lake . Our cousin has dinner there occasionally and suggested it. Nice small side of the road local place with very good food. Our choices were a penne pasta dish, short rib with delicious mashed potatoes, and a nice chicken dish. All were excellent choices enjoyed by all. They were good size portions without being overwhelming. The service was friendly and efficient. Enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was a second time for us at Wine and Roses. We come up to Sacandaga several times a year and for our week-long summer stay, this is a must do.

This is a definite "Don't judge a book by its cover" thing. I'm not saying it looks terrible but what you see on the outside, basically a worked over ranch house, is absolutely no indication of the treasure that awaits inside.

The food its meticulous in its preparation and presentation, the flavors are astounding and the service, incredible.

We went for dinner and we're pleasantly surprised that the place had quite a few people inside. There was only one waitress visible, she later told us that the other had to leave for a family emergency, and yet the service was everything you could hope for. Friendly, attentive and very professional.

The food, I had Jambalya and my wife had a haddock with wine and lemon butter sauce, was wonderful. The flavors and presentation were far above par. We had a wasabi bacon shrimp appetizer which while very good did not have the wasabi bite we, who are from Connecticut, expected.

Then....there is dessert. Do not, no matter how full your body is telling you it thinks it is, leave without dessert! I am a pecan pie person, I love it, but sometimes it can be very heavy, overly sweet and intensely rich. Wine and Roses version, by comparison, is a fluffy delightful cloud of sweet pecany dreaminess. The crust is fork tender, the underpayment of custard is thin and perfectly flavored and the pecan topping it light and almost tenderly sweet. It falls apart and I don't care.

If you are in the area, and I would say that's anything under an hour away, you owe it to yourself to stop by Wine and Roses. You won't be sorry you did.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Good food at a reasonable price will definitely go back. Casual atmosphere fantastic service. Hidden Gem tucked away in a quaint little Upstate New York village. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Spouse and I slipped out last evening without the kids and treated ourselves to a delightfully tasty meal at an excellent price. Spouse had pork and I had the halibut special served with salads and warm bread. Yum! Spouse had the coconut cream pie for dessert. All that and a mid-priced bottle of wine came to just over $70. The food was perfectly cooked, the server attentive, and the price affordable. Broadalbin is a cute village making it a nice evening drive. We will definitely go back.