“A wonderful find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2014

We stopped in Broadalbin on our way to and from Boston, avoiding the thruway and staying at a local B&B. The owner recommended this restaurant on the way down, and we enjoyed it so much, we just had to go back on the return journey. Both meals were first class, and the staff and owner were attentive and super friendly. Prices were realistic and the ambience was inviting - what more can you wish for when travelling on a budget.

1  Thank RustyBrit

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were travel through town around dinner time and checked Yelp to see if there were any well rated restaurants. This one had a good review but mentioned fried chicken and meatloaf. My expectations were not high for an extensive menu. Surprise, there is an extensive menu of excellent food. We spoke to the owner who said her parents had owned the White Holland House which my family frequented in my childhood. My sister and brother in-law are trained chiefs and thought the food was excellent. They have a list of daily specials. The waitstaff is very good.

If you are in Saratoga for the summer racing season, it is worth the trip for a meal here.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It does not look like much from the outside but I can assure you it is not a drive by. The food was very good and the service was attentive as well as friendly. We were a party of 12 and everyone one of us was very happy with our meal. The menu is quite large and varied so I was concerned how well the food would be executed - I was impressed. The fried chicken was a hit as was the salmon of the day. Nice size portions and the homemade desserts were good. I would definitely go here again when visiting the family.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Good food and interesting decor. Loved the "wine glass" chandeliers and the wine bottle "sculpture" in the bar! Our party had a wonderful salmon dish, a huge Turkey "Reuben" incredible sweet potato fries, a tasty brisket entree with nicely done veggies AND a huge dinner salad...everyone HAPPY! Naturally a good wine selection, too! Salad dressing, soups and ketchup all home made. We dined early and were leaving as more people started coming in but have the feeling our fun and efficient waitress, Lisa, would have treated us just as well (as she did) even if there was a full house! Would suggest perhaps a rose or 2 in an (empty!) wine bottle on each diners table to complete a very unique atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I had a Living Social coupon for this restaurant. Having used them in other venues, I ,have to say absolutely NO problem using it here. Now, for the rest of the deal. This is a hidden gem of a restaurant. Absolutely classy,understated decor, seamless service, topshelf drinks, and most importantly of all, the food is simply superb. No other words are equal. From our duck sausage appetizer, served exquisitely on a generous plate,with homemade mango chutney that was excellent,spicy, & not too sweet, great pairing, along w/ I think pita chips, homemade,, sooo good, mixed greens as garnish. Then, we had both ordered the brisket, One as an entree for hubbie, for me, on a ciabatta roll with fries. Oh, I had leek soup as well, hubbie had salad. I make leek soup, and this one beats mine!! We actually had to bring half my meal home, I was so full, along with a few slices of hubbie's meal. He always finishes his meal. Very well cooked brisket, tender, moist, delicious. The presentation of the meals is cool. My from scratch fries were in a wire basket, homemade ketchup on the side, and it looked like a fresh ciabatta roll, cut in half with tons of brisket, caramelized onions, crisp, tasty pickle spear on the side. I was in heaven!! Let alone my husband! Best meal we've had out in a long time. We shall return!! Also, the owner was very solicitous of diners coming in, making sure some elderly customers were comfortable. Nice. Prices are reasonable, and entrees include two sides.