“An amazing departure from the hum drum of "big box"hotels”

Edith Macy Conference Center
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I love the unique woodsy setting, the spacious rooms and friendly staff! If you are looking for ordinary, you won't find it here! Amazing, peaceful, unique come to mind. An escape from the ordinary,yet a stones throw from NYC transit. Perfect meeting location with the state of the art technology for your meeting and the natural peaceful setting for your mind and soul.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are a member of the International Association of Conference Centers and adhere to their quality criteria. Thanks for the comments.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I spent four days, three nights as a participant in Camp GLSEN held Aug 4-7. After reading the review about the supposed bed bugs, I was concerned about what I would experience during my stay but I can report that it was a great stay all the way around. The conference center nature setting is beautiful, the staff were very accommodating, the food was terrific and the bed was extremely comfortable and bed bug free. The only down side is that the path to the 300 level rooms via ramps is not clearly marked so I ended up carrying my luggage up several stairs unnecessarily. Putting better signage on the walls or some type of "crumb" trail on the floor would be very helpful. Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever and I ook forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thanks very much for the nice comments. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel appeared to be nice but really was awful. The hotel is hidden up in the woods, you must park in a lower level and then go to shack where you can call for a ride to the hotel and then back to your car. The shuttle was not exactly fast either. This wouldn't bother me if the hotel was nicer but it was not. First room they gave us was really nice, had a flat screen, nice bedding and the AC was running. Unfortunately, the room was filled with someone else's stuff, since they double booked the room. We had to get the shuttle back down to the front desk and get a new room. They gave us a second room that was much smaller, the AC did not work, the TV was very old and the shower was small and odd. Also, the connecting door to the room next to us was only lockable from the other side, so we could not fully lock our room. I had to take my computer and valuables with me during the day to be safe. At night we had to open the window because of the AC not working, and I woke up with bug bites all over me. I assumed from the window but I was so wrong. We let the front desk know about our experience but they did not offer us anything for our troubles and were rude about it.

Shortly after returning home I started breaking out in what I thought were allergic reactions, I went to the ER for them because they were around my eyes. Turned out to be bed bugs. So far it has cost me $1500 in extermination costs and I am not sure if they are gone yet.

Do NOT stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear shellystripreviews,
I am terribly sorry you had such a bad stay with us and I am very concerned about the bedbugs you mentioned. Your posting says you stayed with us over a month ago. We have not had any reports of bedbugs from guests, the inspections we do internally or from the pest control company we use to inspect our guest rooms. I would appreciate it if you would call me directly at 914-945-8004 to discuss your stay in detail. This will help us get to the bottom of the service problems you mentioned. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at Edith Macy for a meeting and found the conference center lovely. When I landed at White Plains airport, I turned on my phone and there was a message from the driver on where to go to find him for my transportation to Macy. Upon arrival check-in was efficient. The room was comfortable - great bed but the room had no hairdryer. I did call the front desk and one was delivered. Food was excellent with a variety of choices.

I thought the meeting room tended to get warm. I was prepared for typical conference room ac and layered but ended up taking most of the layers off.

I would say that Macy is an adequate conference center. I wish I had more time to walk around the property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad your stay went smoothly with the exception of the hair dryer. My apologies for that misstep. If you have any other information about your stay you would like to share, please contact me directly at the property, 914-945-8000. I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The Edith Macy Conference Center has an attentive and accommodating staff. They facility is clean, beds are comfortable and there is absolutely no noise, so a good night's sleep is ensured. The food is fantastic buffet-style, completely fresh and tasty. We had an exceptional time. I would have loved a bathtub instead of just a shower stall, but the water was hot and pressure good. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Fairsheek
EMCCMgmt, General Manager at Edith Macy Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have a chance to visit again soon.

All the best.

12.7 km away
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Edith Macy Conference Center? Share your experiences!