“Best Thai food”
Review of Water Lily Cafe - CLOSED

Water Lily Cafe
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We were near the airport and wanted to to eat, found this restaurant by chance. Now we are planning to go early for our next flight so we can eat there again. Whenever we go to a new Thai restaurant, we start with the basics. This was the best Pad Thai I have had! We also had the Penang curry which was equally wonderful. The food was very fresh tasting.The restaurant itself is pleasant - clean and neat without the overabundance of kitsch is is easy to find in a Thai restaurant. Service was excellent. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is pretty far off the beaten track, that being said, I am not adverse to a longer drive IF the food is amazing. Unfortunately The Water Lily won't be added to my regular rotation. The patio is very nice & relaxing. We ordered Crispy Shrimp Rolls & Fried Tofu for appetizers. The tofu came out first, the peanut sauce was quite good & the tofu was hot, but a bit watery. The shrimp rolls took a bit, there were two small rolls in an order, I took a bite & the inside was ice cold & the shrimp still raw. Needless to say We sent them back. For entrees we ordered Param Long Song with chicken & Vegetable Pad Thai. After asking for NO baby corn in my Pad Thai it came loaded with them. So my husband ate 1/2 his meal while I waited for mine to be fixed. When it arrived it was good, but very skimpy on the fresh vegetables. My husband's Param was SUPPOSED to be on a bed of fresh spinach, however it only had a handful of ROMAINE underneath. The water for my tea was lukewarm at best...& ice for water was at a premium. I'm very glad we had a Groupon for our first adventure here, because it will be our last.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

This place was not too far from my hotel, so I decided to check them out on a Monday for dinner. The menu is not exactly extensive, but certainly satisfying. I had a dish I never saw before on a menu, Param Long Song, featuring a peanut sauce, mushrooms and Napa cabbage. While they skimped a bit on the tofu, the food was quite good. Also on the menu is a beef Pho and a Japanese dish. Table service was very good, while kitchen service was a little slow considering Thai food is quick to cook and it wasn't very busy. I ordered Mango Sticky Rice for dessert, which was even slower to arrive. Unfortunately the mango was underripe, and while the sauce on the sticky rice had perfect flavor, there was hardly any sticky rice and it was undercooked. Disappointing! Decor is modernist with soft Thai pop music playing. No WiFi, and cell tower reception inside was poor. Overall, Water Lily Cafe is much better than average, but needs to pay attention to detail to warrant a 5 star rating.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

A friend and I stopped in for lunch recently. We were both impressed with the service and food. The owners were very accommodating and courteous. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

My wife and I decided to try the Water Lily Cafe, as it was close to our house and we had an Entertainment Book coupon. We were headed there for lunch on a Saturday before realizing that they didn't open until 2pm... So we postponed for an early dinner. Arriving around 4:30pm on a snowy and cold day, we were the only ones there. We sat near the fireplace in what looked like a newly remodeled restaurant. Everything was very clean. My wife decided on some potstickers for an app ($5), and we both had chicken pad thai for our entree ($12 each). All of the food was delicious, and the portions matched the prices perfectly. My wife had leftovers for a second meal, so we found the value to be excellent. The service was very friendly, and we had no issues at all. We will definitely return here in the future.