“I love buffets and this is one of the better ones.”
Review of Mongolian Buffet

Mongolian Buffet
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Blasdell
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

My mother and I love buffets because of all the options. This one has even more options than normal. Customer service is not that great, plenty of parking, wish the food was hotter. Good when you're in a hurry. Nice hibachi options.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

We went for the buffet on a Sunday,right after they opened. Obviously not crowded at this time. We asked for a table for 5. There were 4 of us but one of the party had an oxygen tank which she needed elevated.They would not accomodate this. I went and grabbed a high chair and put it by her,to alleviate her concern. We could not find our waitress to give us crab crackers,so I waited by the hibachi table. All the staff were sitting and eating,apparently they all take eir lunch at the same time. Finally some one got up,he kept repeating " ask your server". She did come to the table,would only give us one cracker,for the four of us, then finally gave us one more.
Even though the buffet table looks like the food is steaming,the food was barely warm and some not at all. None of them smile,and perhaps this is a cultural thing,but sorry this is still America,with americans shelling out hard earned cash and I expect smiles,thank yous and feeling accomodated and welcomed. I really am not too picky but I left feeling like our business was not appreciated.

1  Thank Care C
Reviewed 2 April 2016

This was my third time dining here, and it has not improved. There is a large variety to pick from, but most of it was very bland tasting, and a lot of things were not very hot. I tried several shrimp and chicken dishes and they were all over-cooked. Hot and Sour soup was missing that distinctive "tang" to it and was flavorless. In fairness, I did not try the Mongolian grill and only choose dishes on the buffet, so maybe that's the way to go if you want to try this place. The price for Friday lunch was $8.99 so I didn't feel like I wasted too much money, but I would rather pay more and get food that I'll enjoy. With so many Asian restaurants to choose from, I doubt that I will return here.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

We arrived at opening time with plenty of parking although many were already dining inside. My first impression was, "WOW, what a spread!" We were seated immediately after being greeted in a fast and friendly manner.Our drink orders were taken within a minute or two and we were directed to go and enjoy the buffet.They had a station for SUSHI, cold salad making, fruit, deserts, plenty of meats and seafood cooked in a variety of different ways. Although all of the dishes weren't really hot the steam tables were steaming up the glass. Over all the variety was great, the temperature could have been hotter, the service great. Very Affordable and easy to dine there.

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

The place doesn't look much from the outside and the inside wasn't impressive either, but it was clean.

The service wasn't memorable, and the staff hasn't discovered the art of smiling yet. However, if you are looking for awesome Mongolian Barbecue (hibachi), then this place would be highly recommended. Also, the other food offerings were good -- contrary to others' reviews.

For the low price, the food offerings and quality were impressive! However, this is buffet and the price per person is almost a steal, so don't expect elite hotel dining experience.

Been to Mongolian Buffet? Share your experiences!