“Just Average Place with Less-than-Average Service”
Review of Italian Fisherman

Italian Fisherman
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Bemus Point
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Italian Fisherman offers dining to suit any taste. From the fine Classico Gourmet to the informal WaterGrill, you’ll find something toplease your palate. Regardless of your choice, your taste buds will thank you. Enjoy unforgettable fine cuisine in a cozy atmosphere, with a view of beautiful Chautauqua Lake. Any of these is well worth the trip.Have all three! This is the experience of the Italian Fisherman’s Classico Gourmet menu. The back deck of the Italian Fisherman offers casual outdoor dining on the waterfront, with our Water Grill and live music on Friday, and Saturday nights. Have dinner. Have a drink. Have a dance. Have fun on our back deck! Whether you prefer the fine cuisine and elegant environment of the Italian Fisherman’s dining room, or the more informal dining on thewaterfront deck, you’ll want to come back again and again, with your friends and family.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went here for dinner on a beautiful night in August. We sat inside since there was a band performing outside. The atmosphere was nice. However, the menu was very limited. My girlfriend wasn't hungry, so I was the only one who ordered. Perhaps that's why the server wasn't all that friendly. So much so, that when she asked me how everything was, she did it without looking at us and rushed right away! She also did that when she gave me the check. I think she was afraid she'd get blinded if she spent more than a second with us!! :)- My food, Salmon Giuseppe, was not bad, but at $29, a little pricey to me. I guess I felt that way because our server made us feel like we were very unimportant! As you know, a server can make or break a meal. In this case, she broke it!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was the perfect place to gather my cousins for a lovely dinner and taste of Western NY and Chautauqua lake. They easily accommodated our party of 12. We hit a lovely night on the lake and were able to sit out on the deck. The group shared appetizers which were excellent. Everyone totally enjoyed their meal and the lovely setting. The village of Bemus Point was a great start to our reunion weekend.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A group of 15 of us staying at Chautauqua ventured out for dinner one night. This was a great place to "land." The food was very good...I had a fish special that was well prepared and presented. The service was very, very good. We sat on the porch ad had the full dinner menu available. All the poor reviews didn't match our very nice experience (I didn't even see an "upstairs") It was our only dinner out in the area so I don't know what else is available, but we had a great evening and I would recommend it for a nice night on the deck.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Our dinners were good, service okay, but it did mot live up to the prices charged. The surf n turf mac & cheese was a huge disappointment. It was an oversize portion of mac n cheese with almost no crab. The filet was okay but overcooked and the 2 jumbo shrimp were rather small. Not impressed.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first nice restaurant visit since being diagnosed with a wheat allergy. The menu said "gluten free" menu available, so I asked our server - Ellen for one. It didn't list just a serving of gluten free pasta with the pomodoro sauce, so I asked her. "Of course" she stated. I ordered a salad and the gluten free pasta. It was wonderful! I asked her what brand of pasta they use. The answer was exactly what I thought it would be, Barilla. It is very easy to overcook gluten free pasta but it was perfect. Thank you!