See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The pub is authentic looking - decorated to the tee -- the owner is charming, friendly and accommodating. They serve a variety of food and have live music on Saturdays -- great!

The rooms are clean, large and comfortable -- there has been a small fridge added since some previous reviewers. The carpentry is a bit basic - but the decor is nice and clean and comfortable were what was really important to us. They did have shampoo and conditioner in the room if you didn't have any.

The bathrooms are small but clean - and really all you need. The bed is very comfortable - the TV is small - but adequate to see.

The golf course is beautiful and the added family fun of soccer golf was a huge hit for our little ones!

It is an extremely convenient location right of the main route 19 which runs North and South.

The rooms are set away from the pub, giving quiet and privacy. Plenty of parking right next to the room. Beautiful views.

Definitely will stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed on a Friday night with my teenage daughter. Location is good if you have family or friends or something to attend in Belfast or Angelica. Owner is very friendly and welcoming. The bar/ restaurant in the main house was playing Irish music and seemed like an Irish pub. If you closed your eyes and listened to the owner, you might imagine you were in an Irish Inn. We ended up having dinner before seeing our room. I enjoyed my fish fry and my daughter said the beef stew was good but lacked salt. So far so good. Other patrons seemed to be enjoying their meals and having a good time as well.

We went to our room after dinner. We were shown to an ugly, brown, log structure surrounded by cracked cement and trampled grass. This building used to be the pro shop but when the owners upgraded the golf course and called it a resort, they merely divided the building into 4 guest rooms. It sits next to cart storage and the foundation and parking lot from the old bar/restaurant. The room itself was very clean and large. The king bed was comfortable with nice bedding, the only luxury. Bathroom was tiny but clean. Flat screen TV made us laugh. It was the size of a computer screen! "Luxury" and "resort" are words that mislead in their ad. If you have ever stayed at an Irish Bed and Breakfast, that's what you will find here. Except, no breakfast is included in the high price you'll pay per night.

I would recommend the following changes if they really want to call this a resort
landscape around the lodging to make it more attractive and inviting and less creepy and deserted looking,
Blackout curtains on window, thicker towels in the bathroom,
Offer breakfast in the price of the room,
Put in a much larger TV if you want to have bragging rights in your ad,
Stock the in room coffee maker with necessary supplies,
Don't call the room a suite, by American standards, it is a room with a bathroom.

We didn't golf but I have heard from friends that the course is nice.

I wish the owners would advertise as an Irish Inn or B and B. A resort would indicate to me that other activities besides sleeping and golf are available. An Irish B and B would offer charm and comfort for a more reasonable price. If they lowered the price a bit and offered a hot Irish breakfast along with the comfortable bed, I would try this place again. What is offered now is not worth the high price you pay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 451mary
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We arrived on a rainy night, and the place was difficult to find due to a lack of outside lights. The "lodge" itself is unmarked and is at an intersection on the edge of a golf course (the golf carts were stored in a shed right next to the "lodge"). The parking lot is huge for 4 rooms - it looks like it originally served the golf course. The "lodge" is just a plain rectangular one-story building, with a pair of rooms at each end. It almost looks like they divided up a building that originally housed the golf shop into 4 motel rooms - not really the image of what one usually associates with the term "lodge".

The room was well maintained, clean and comfortable, and the staff was very nice, but for the price, the amenities were very limited. Usually at this price, one expects much more. The TV was tiny (about 15"), there was no refrigerator, microwave or even an alarm clock, no bars of soap, and not even a hook in the bathroom to put clothes on. There was a one-cup coffee maker, but no cups or coffee, so it was useless to us. The first morning we ran out of hot water and had to have a cold shower, and the second day we ran out of toilet paper (they only left one roll!).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stanley J
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I suppose for the price we were expecting much better accommodations. The room was clean and the bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. The hairdryer worked for 30 seconds before over heating and turning off. The shampoo bottle and soap dispenser in the shower were both empty (it's a good thing I carry extras). We went exploring one day and came back at around 5 in the afternoon and the room was not made up. The owner said that his wife had gone away with the spare keys and he could not get in to clean! Yes there was a flat screen TV, about a 19" model and very hard to see from the couch. Would we stay here again? I doubt it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tarytrousers
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Excellent place to stay! Arrived here with husband and 13 year I'd son, not quite sue what expect. The accommodation at Waterways is really top notch. Huge bed with very clean ensuite with large tv, minibar, iron, hair dryer etc. Rooms are cleaned daily to a very high standard. Only a 2 min walk to the restaurant which serves good Irish fair. Chef very obliging with making up separate dinner from the main menu as I fancied something a little different on the day. Very friendly staff with a totally family feel as the owner Richard and family are always close by with tips and ideas of where to visit next.
My favourite and my sons is Rushford lake for a nice relaxing a most importantly cool few hours. Angelica is also a lovely quaint place to browse around antique shops and take in true American style country life. Would highly recommend here as a good base to sight see NY state.

• Stayed: July 2012