“Tuna Tartar”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2015

beautiful site, sat on an outside deck overlooking a heavily wooded creek. appetizer tuna tartar with avocado, grated radish & some kind of excellent sauce that had wasabi, soy & something orange...totally delectable, could have made it a meal x5. also had a lamb sugo over pasta that was a big surprise, spicy, really great. fantastic fresh homebaked bread. really nice staff. very cool park like setting with 2 other restaurants, a nice looking chinese restaurant & a pub with picnic tables under the sycamores....with a community theater also in the parcel. so it must be a regular local hang for events.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 7 September 2015

The food was tasty and the view of the creek beautiful. I can't identify the staff that served us as she didn't tell us her name. We tried to switch an item before she even stepped slightly away from us and we were totally ignored.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 2 September 2015

So my wife wanted Chinese food and I did not want to drive to Saugerties and the amicable compromise was to eat at the Little Bear. Big mistake. We are both Chinese food fans and I have been to China a number times so the experience was disappointing to say the least. I would not call the food bad, but it reminded me of my days in college and the food coming out of those plastic bags you boiled. Service could be better, perhaps friendlier and more professional and I have to admit that the best part of this experience was the location right next to the edge of the creek. The clincher was the shrimp chow mein, her favorite Chinese dish and the standard by which all others are measured. It was gummy, like somebody got a special in corn starch and decided to be generous with the thing. We both feel that the trip to Saugerties to get Chinese food is worth the extra effort.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank AJS-NY
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

The food is good. Nothing fancy or too delicate but natural good products.

Staff is efficient, not really friendly but doing the job. Sometime you have to go find one participating to the cooking of a vegetable.

Price are fine for the quantity.

Nice experience.

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank Korenbeusser
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I have eaten at Little Bear many time, but this past time was truly a great experience. The person who served us was Molly, and she made our dining experience great! We got there a little late but Molly happily seated us and told us not to worry; she never turns away hungry customers. She chatted with us throughout the meal but was not intrusive. She recommended a couple of menu items that we had not tried before and they were excellent. I have to be honest... my recommendation if you go here is to order only soup and appetizers. I have ordered entrees in the past and they really aren't anything special. They are "okay" or "average", but not "great". The appetizers and soup are all GREAT! One of the best things about this place is that they do not use MSG. Some people in their comments here have stated that the food is bland. I disagree. Those people are probably used to eating crap Chinese food loaded with salt and MSG.to make it "flavorful". At this place you can taste the true flavors of the food you are eating.

Date of visit: March 2015