See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My wife and I stayed one night last week while traveling through the area. Wonderful old historic spot. We stayed in the Magnolia Room, on the top floor with a great view down the leafy valley to the Hudson River. The room had an adjacent enclosed sunroom and access to the upper deck for sitting. Really nice sized room and upgraded bathroom. Nice historic touches throughout.

Great couple who operate the Botsford Briar, Shirley and Charles. Very friendly and caring. Very obvious they delight in operating this historic B&B. Looking around it's clear that the building has a lot of unique character, and requires a great deal of attention and care. They obviously do a good job trying to keep the place in good condition; no small task. Inside there are several rooms with a large variety of antiques, collectables, etc. Quite an amazing assortment.

We would definitely stay at Botsford Briar if traveling through the area again.

Room Tip: Magnolia Room for size, views and access to sunroom and deck.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We've started staying at Botsford Briar two years ago to celebrate our anniversary and just love it. It's a lovely, quaint, and quiet place to get away and relax. My husband and I will go back each year. Shirley and Charles are wonderful innkeepers!

Room Tip: The Magnolia Room has a deck to watch the sunset. The Rose Room is lovely also.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I came here earlier than October 2015, but that was the earliest date I could select for the review. My boyfriend and I came here for our first excursion to Beacon, and we splurged on the nicest room with the big private glassed in porch, and I think that's why we had such a nice experience. It was great to hang out there staring at the view and just let the day pass. I did not find the place claustrophobic at all. The proprietor is very nice and just wants you to have a great time in Beacon. He had a bunch of awesome suggestions for dinner and nightlife.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The Inn is a beautiful Queen Anne home. Wonderful original woodwork and decor. Excellent service. Innkeepers were gracious and helpful. The Main Street, with its quaint shops is within walking distance, as is the "must-see" DIA Museum. I had a wonderful weekend and would certainly recommend the Botsford Briar to my friends, as I already have. I look forward to a return visit in the Fall to take in the area foliage.

Room Tip: Rooms on westside and upper floor have great river views.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My wife Joanna and I stayed at the Botsford Briar for three nights and our only complaint is that we didn't have time to spend a fourth. The experience was truly magical.

The property is charming and a walking distance from both the train station and downtown Beacon, so there was no need for a car.

Our room, the Magnolia Room, has a an enclosed veranda that opened onto a back-porch with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains and hudson river. Coming from the city, my wife and I hadn't seem so many stars in years.
But don't take my word for it. I've also uploaded pictures of the room and view.

The accommodations are exactly on point: comfortable bed, air conditioner, bottled water, wifi and a nice kitchen down the hall for cooking (not that we did any cooking, but we did use the refrigerator to keep a few bottles of wine). Nothing was missing and everything was in perfect order.

Our hosts Shirley and Charles were the very definition of hospitality. We didn't feel like we were visiting a hotel chain with practiced rhetoric and fake smiles: we felt like we were right at home. From the moment we arrived, we knew we were being taken care of.

Shirley, if you're reading this: we'll be back in October. Thank you for everything!

Some great things within walking distance:
+Mountain Top Sports on Main Street will rent you Kayaks to take on the Hudson. It's a ten minute walk from Botsford Briar to the Take-Out at the river -- sign a waiver, get a dry bag for your phone, ker-plop! We rented a tandem kayak and paddled out to Denning's Point for a picnic.
+DIA:Beacon is right by the Metro North station. Once a factory for making cracker boxes, now houses some of the most incredible, large scale installation art in the country. We went twice during out visit and will be back up for a few day trips just to see the museum.
+Homespun Cafe -- at first seemed a little wonky. But then we ventured to the back garden, sat under a grape trellis and ate sandwiches bigger than our heads. They also prepared the food we took on our kayaking picnic. The best casual dining in town.

But at the end of the day, what we loved most, was sitting on the roof deck, watching the sun set over the mountains. We had big plans to try this restaurant and the other, to go out and do things, but every day at 7pm, we stocked up on wine and cheese (Artisan Wine Shop on Main Street. Superb selection, knowledgeable and friendly staff) and ran back. We never got our fancy dinner, and we definitely don't feel that we missed out. Botsford Briar is an important part of a beautiful trip.

Room Tip: Magnolia Room is the only room with a veranda.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple