Roundhouse(Beacon)
USD 257
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 284/night.

USD 239
Hotels.com
  • Spa
Economy Inn(Newburgh)
USD 85
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
USD 146
USD 111
USD 167
USD 173
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 200/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The Inn is a beautiful Queen Anne home. Wonderful original woodwork and decor. Excellent service. Innkeepers were gracious and helpful. The Main Street, with its quaint shops is within walking distance, as is the "must-see" DIA Museum. I had a wonderful weekend and would certainly recommend the Botsford Briar to my friends, as I already have. I look forward to a return visit in the Fall to take in the area foliage.

Room Tip: Rooms on westside and upper floor have great river views.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My wife Joanna and I stayed at the Botsford Briar for three nights and our only complaint is that we didn't have time to spend a fourth. The experience was truly magical.

The property is charming and a walking distance from both the train station and downtown Beacon, so there was no need for a car.

Our room, the Magnolia Room, has a an enclosed veranda that opened onto a back-porch with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains and hudson river. Coming from the city, my wife and I hadn't seem so many stars in years.
But don't take my word for it. I've also uploaded pictures of the room and view.

The accommodations are exactly on point: comfortable bed, air conditioner, bottled water, wifi and a nice kitchen down the hall for cooking (not that we did any cooking, but we did use the refrigerator to keep a few bottles of wine). Nothing was missing and everything was in perfect order.

Our hosts Shirley and Charles were the very definition of hospitality. We didn't feel like we were visiting a hotel chain with practiced rhetoric and fake smiles: we felt like we were right at home. From the moment we arrived, we knew we were being taken care of.

Shirley, if you're reading this: we'll be back in October. Thank you for everything!

Some great things within walking distance:
+Mountain Top Sports on Main Street will rent you Kayaks to take on the Hudson. It's a ten minute walk from Botsford Briar to the Take-Out at the river -- sign a waiver, get a dry bag for your phone, ker-plop! We rented a tandem kayak and paddled out to Denning's Point for a picnic.
+DIA:Beacon is right by the Metro North station. Once a factory for making cracker boxes, now houses some of the most incredible, large scale installation art in the country. We went twice during out visit and will be back up for a few day trips just to see the museum.
+Homespun Cafe -- at first seemed a little wonky. But then we ventured to the back garden, sat under a grape trellis and ate sandwiches bigger than our heads. They also prepared the food we took on our kayaking picnic. The best casual dining in town.

But at the end of the day, what we loved most, was sitting on the roof deck, watching the sun set over the mountains. We had big plans to try this restaurant and the other, to go out and do things, but every day at 7pm, we stocked up on wine and cheese (Artisan Wine Shop on Main Street. Superb selection, knowledgeable and friendly staff) and ran back. We never got our fancy dinner, and we definitely don't feel that we missed out. Botsford Briar is an important part of a beautiful trip.

Room Tip: Magnolia Room is the only room with a veranda.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed there a week ago and all I can say...it's in need of a complete over haul. Dirty in places, falling apart, and not inviting. We were traveling upstate for a week and staying in B&B's along the way, this place unfortunately was our only bad experience. The bed was comfortable but that's it. The common spaces are tied off and you're not invited to use them. Feel ripped off.

Room Tip: Our porch room had a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Everything Jane wrote was how I felt
When we arrived it was 98 degrees and humid and the house is not air conditioned - they have old window AC units one of which in our room was turned on minutes before we arrived - needles to say it was stifling in our room the first night
The pictures used on the website are old
The grounds of the B&B need grooming
Plastic plants inside and out
The inside is cluttered and the common areas are not inviting
Paint is peeling everywhere inside and out
Breakfast was cheep grocery store bought muffins and break - with some fruit
at $250 a night it was very disappointing -

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Upon our arrival at Botsford Briar we were greeted by the friendly Charles who immediately warned us about the “sink hole” in the yard my husband was about to step into. It is hard for me to believe the Trip-Advisor travelers who gave Botsford Briar an excellent actually stayed there. The place is a dump. No wall inside or out is free of peeling paint; the place is claustrophobic with so much stuff crammed into small spaces; there are some older pieces of furniture that may be antiques but more of the furnishings were cheap and cobbled together; the tub was moldy and the walls outside the tub were moldy and bulging from excessive wetness; the river view was from a dirty enclosed shared porch or via a rooftop deck that was not comfortable or clean; no windows had screens; the continental breakfast consisted of uninteresting pastries accompanied by a nice fruit plate; and finally the outside decorations consisted of pots of plastic flowers (in early August!!). When I pay $250 a night I expect it to be superb – well maintained and clean. Absolutely nothing about Botsford Briar makes me want to recommend it and I will never stay there again. Had we not already paid for half the room and were we not needing a place to stay convenient to a family wedding we were attending we would have left. Shame on them for using old photographs to advertise the place and shame on them for charging 5-star prices for a -1-star place. We feel totally duped.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple