All reviews erie canal within walking distance son's wedding river view oatmeal english muffin enjoyed our stay bed was comfortable lock reunion amphitheater closet ny gary refrigerator
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was the second stay at Red Mill and it was great again. Nice staff and comfortable clean room. Had a king room and the bed was very comfortable. Good size closet and lots of floor space in the room. It never felt crowded.

Room tip: Good views from most rooms. Second or third floor views are good.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Our son's wedding reception was recently held at this fabulous location and we couldn't be happier with our experience. The staff were extremely friendly, efficient and went the extra mile to make this occasion a truly joyous experience. Our rooms and the views from them were also superb. Thank you so much for giving us lasting and wonderful memories of this important day.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I stayed a night here when I was in town for business. The front desk staff was friendly and check in was easy. I had a little queen room to myself, room 201, which contained the bed, a couple of night stands, a closet, a flat screen tv, and of course the bathroom. It was not spacious and my view wasn't much, but I wasn't in the room for long so this was not a problem. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well. My room was across from the elevator and I did not wake from any noise. There was not a mini fridge in my room, which was disappointing, but there was a coffee maker, and they do have vending machines and an ice machine as well.

The bathroom was nice, not too small and with everything I needed. They have special made soaps, shampoo and conditioner nicely displayed on the counter and provide a blow dryer in the cupboard space under the sink. The towels and bath mat were surprisingly fluffy and soft, I was actually pretty blown away as I was expecting thin, scratchy towels, and these were probably the best towels I've used at a hotel. The only disappointing thing was the water pressure from the shower head, it was not great. I did have a light fixture with an exhaust fan but I know my other coworkers did not have a fan (though they said they had great water pressure).

The hotel is walking distance to several bars and restaurants. We went to Loch 24 for dinner and had a very nice experience. (They have fresh seafood brought in every couple of days for fish fans, but a wide selection of steak, salads, pasta dishes, and chicken options for those who are not sea food lovers)

Those who love to fish can do so on site at the hotel, there are huge carp literally jumping out of the water there, and we saw a lot of locals fishing off of the bridge by the hotel catching their dinner.

Overall this is a cozy place, nothing fancy but gives you what you need while you're there and offers fun options within walking distance. I hope to get to stay here again the next time I'm back in that area for business!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We attended a wedding in Baldwinsville recently: the hotel was adequate. There were some very noisy guests in the day and night time. Front Desk staff not trained to offer good service. Wouldn't book a taxi for me: I had to do it myself, to avoid any conflict. Called Steve at 'All Around Town' LLC taxi: he was professional, on time and on price: very sociable and pleasant. I would recommend him, and that the hotel establish a great working relationship with him.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Felt like I was set back 100 years but with modern day amenities, great staff good atmosphere and beautiful town and good times, Hotel rooms are beautiful with the woodwork and exposed beams, and beautiful views

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple