“Inconsistant.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to say inconsistent because I have been here several times for dinner, and attended 4 special events, one being one I booked myself a few years ago, and each time I have a different review of the place. Some very good, while other times just fair.
The event I had for my dad's 90th birthday was, thank goodness, very good. From the party coordinator, to the waitstaff of the day, to the buffet, it all was more than satisfying for everyone. That was a few years ago.
The most recent baby shower in July was a disappointment regarding the food. The mother of the recipient set the room up beautifully, and everything was thought out to a tee. The waitstaff was helpful with boxes and moving tables and such. The food unfortunately was a brunch buffet and very disappointing. The eggs were hard and flavorless, there was some dish completely covered with a white thick cheese of some sort that when trying to serve looked totally unappetizing and pretty much left untouched. The basket of muffins and small bagels was about 1/3 filled and looked like they took it from another party, not to say anything about the muffins being dry and obviously store bought. The salad was fine, and all the other options were fair at best.
I really like The Carriage House for many reasons, esp for parties. Mostly the open venue upstairs (not the small rooms), lends itself uniquely to a party and a dramatic look for your guests when you decorated. It has an elevator for handicapped and elderly as well as bringing party supplies upstairs. The staff has been pretty good overall through the years, and try to accommodate your special needs. When giving parties they're good about you bringing in your own cake which some places will only allow theirs.
I guess my suggestion if having a party here is to try to taste the offerings you want (some of them used to be on their regular menu in the restaurant), or read reviews of the foods ppl enjoyed the most and stick to those. I can say their horseradish crusted salmon a few years ago was really good if they're still offering that.

1  Thank magpie628

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Been to this restaurant many times for the Wednesday lobster bake. In the past meal was always satisfying and I felt a good value. The service is fine with an energetic young wait staff, very polite. Good two for one happy hour. The problem with my recent visit was my lobster was small. My wife and I took a guest to dinner. The guest and I ordered the lobster bake. When I compared the two lobsters, my lobster was small and thin compared to my guests lobster ( which was the 1.5 lbs advertised). My wife and I mentioned this to the waiter who checked with the kitchen. The waiter told us that all the lobsters are weighed. I realize in life this is not an important issue, but for me it made my dining experience disappointing. I was still hungry when I left the restaurant. My guest was extremely satisfied with her large as advertised lobster. I'll have to think about taking another chance at this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Good food, nice place parking not great in lot. There were a few things going together with brunch. We arrived at 11am for a 12pm shower and there was no parking in the lot.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We have visited BCH many times, usually for their wonderful Lobster Bake Special. It includes: Steamed Whole 1 1/4 pound Lobster, Mussels and Clams, Corn on the Cob and Crispy Herb Roasted Potatoes. Always a great meal and an outstanding value at $21.95! Service is professional and the ambience lovely.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

If I could have given this place 10 stars I would. We recently had my niece's bridal shower there. We were in a little bit of a panic mode since the management wouldn't allow us to set up only 1 hr. before. But when the waiter staff helped us pull it together we were ready in plenty of time. Dani and her crew all pitched in to help make a dream come true for the bride to be. On top of it all the food was incredible and plenty to choose from on the buffet and we brought the leftovers home. Chloe the manager on duty was also so helpful & kind. I can't wait to go back to order from the open menu. Thanks so much!