“Avoid this company at all costs”
Review of Unreal Dive Expeditions - CLOSED

Unreal Dive Expeditions
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Avoid this company at all costs”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Paul Hanekom is a known crook. He is a thief and a liar. Why he has not yet been arrested I don't know. He has stolen money from our family and shows no guilt or concern and does nothing to try to remedy the situation. Even after we got lawyers on him he chose not to pay back the money he stole even though the lawyers said he had to.
If you want to go shark diving, choose a company that has its own boat, for example Sharkcagediving.co.za which I had a great experience with.

Visited August 2010
9 Thank AnnabelNewYork

Nottingham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“complete crooks”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am afraid to say, yes, all of the below reviews are true. I am Paul's latest victim, I'm only sorry I hadn't read these reviews before I gave him my credit card details.
DO NOT USE UN REAL DIVES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! HE WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!

Visited July 2011
8 Thank markymark05
Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Thieves”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We were supposed to dive last year but the dive was cancelled due to bad weather. That evening our waitress advised us that we were lucky that the trip had been cancelled as Unreal Dives were awful.
A year later and money was taken out of my bank account by Unreal Dives. I contacted them to complain and their response was to take even more money out of my account.
The matter is now in the hands of my bank and I have asked them to pursue the matter with the full weight of the law.
Please, please, please do not use this company and if you have given them any of your card details, please cancel your cards & then contact your banks to hound them.

Visited May 2011
10 Thank NickC7
gatwick
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I booked a shark cagedive the week berfore we went to South Africa with UNREAL DIVE EXP, was told by Paul Hanekom that it was all confirmed (and Paid for, by credit card) and I should phone the day before the dive to confirm pick-up. I was given 2 numbers,1 mobile, 1 landline. Then we were told we would be picked up at 530am at the hotel in Cape Town. The day before, we tried both numbers, the landline went straight to machine, but the inbox was full already. Tried the mobile, switched off. The Hotel emailed for us, no reply.
Got up at 5 and waited, no-one turned up. Had to phone UK immediately to get the credit card payment stopped. Emailled the guy, who replied that the phonenumbers had been changed (!) and the new ones 'were on the website'. I wonder at the business sense of telling us a phone number that will be changed within a week. Have spent loads just on phone calls to UK Mastercard fraud dept. Also then had to rearrange our holiday so we could go with a decent company later in the hols.

Was told by Paul Hanekom that the 'refund had been done' and it would take 2-3 days. Was NOT done by the time I got back 3 weeks later. Then he told us that he had 'authorised' the refund with his 'accountant' and it would be 'looked into'.

Still don't actually know if i will get my money back, about £289. UNREAL DIve is right, it was definitley not real.

Visited April 2011
9 Thank captainmummy
San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Criminals at best”
Reviewed 4 May 2011

While we saw great whites, choose any other company as Unreal Diving Expeditions is made up entirely of CROOKS. They require a credit card/debit card for reservations, but demand payment in person. After returning home, they have now TWICE attempted to take money from me and my friends I was with. I used one card for the reservation and another for the payment in person. I have had to cancel both cards as they have attempted to take over $500 from me. DO NOT GIVE THEM BUSINESS.

Visited June 2010