“Great find!”

La Cocina Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and Service. Salsa was great home made with a yummy kick! Pillow size sopaipilas! Perfect tamales!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Last year, my daughter and I ate at this restaurant and it was so delicious, I couldn't wait to go again. (We live about an hour away) This time, I took my son and I told him we should eat there. The hostess was very nice, as was Eddie, our server. I ordered the lemonade, but it had a horrible aftertaste that I'm unable to describe. The water did as well. My son ordered the #3, a combination plate. The enchilada was good, the taco cold and the relleno (sp?) was soggy instead of crispy on the outside. I ordered the #11, chimichanga (sp?) Mine was also soggy. It appeared as though the meal had been prepared earlier in the day, stored in Styrofoam then reheated in microwave? Not saything that's what happened, only how the meal tasted and appeared. I also ordered guacamole, which I always understood to be green in appearance, maybe slightly lighter green and/or yellow. But not ALL yellow. It tasted bitter to me. I mentioned to our server (did I mention he was great?) and he suggested filling out a comment card, which I did. My friend who I talked to later suggested doing a review on this website.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is good and bad. My friend loves the burgers but me not so much. I thought it didn't have any flavor. I only ate 1/2 of it. The service was ok. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating when he was at the table, he just wasn't there a whole lot. We asked for more chips and never got them. I also asked them to turn the music down a bit because I had a speaker right in my left ear and I couldn't hear the people at my table talking. They never turned it down so I had to ask my friends to repeat themselves several times.....not very polite.

The good thing was the ambiance and cleanliness. It is a very nice looking place with indoor or outdoor seating. The sopapillas were delicious and huge.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

First, if a restaurant can not make proper ice tea I doubt if they can get the rest of the meal correct. Second, if the complementary chips and salsa has old chips that are stale, it's time to get up and leave. My daughter and I sent the tea back . It was colored water. The chips were several days old and I did not send them back . At this point I've just decided to skip this restaurant all together for the future. Besides, their hamburger comes in a bag you just add water too. Everyone locally should know this by now. This restaurant has declined in food quality. But, I hear the owner sits back at his home and watches all his employees like a military commander. I grew up eating at Las Cocina Restaurant in the 70's-today, 2017. It is time for this place to close or time for new owners. Just my opinion !

2  Thank themoongoddess
Monty B, Owner at La Cocina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Non of this is true or correct.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Food was good and service was better. Tried several dishes and it was all good. Red sauce is true New Mexico. Full bar available. They let us come in 10 minutes before closing and treated us very well.

2  Thank srvtx