“Friendly small place for dinner”
Review of Tony's Restaurant

Tony's Restaurant
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Had a very good dinner at a very reasonable price. Portions large and ingredients fresh. Waitstaff personable and was knowledgeable when answering questions about the menu. Restaurant clean (and tables wiped with Clorox solution).

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank honeyclair

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Now I usually like to come to Tony's (formerly Maria's, formerly ? but all in the family) for chile rellenos and occasionally (like today) for the carne asada taco salad, but I have to mention the burger and fries my ol' man got today. I rarely am interested in any cheeseburger but his, since he makes them exactly like I like them, but I had several bites of his and was very impressed with the flavor of the meat, the softness of the bun (not toasted, fyi), with some lettuce and tomato thrown in. I would have piled on lots more lettuce but it was as much as he wanted. You could tell the beef patty was hand-pressed, not frozen; the french fries were also hand-cut and fried to perfection. Prices were in the $6-7 range for each of our dishes and we got a big slice of carrot cake to share for under $4. They don't serve any alcohol here but iced tea was just fine for me. They have real bottled Coca-Cola, too. This place is just a little cafe with your typical restaurant tables and padded metal chairs, set fairly close together. We felt fortunate to arrive at 12:30 on a Saturday and be able to sit down right away; it's that popular with the locals! They close at 8 (like most restaurants open for dinner in T or C) so don't be late, if you're going for dinner! Closed on Mondays and at 2 on Sundays. They have good American and Mexican breakfast dishes (french toast $4+, 2 pancakes $4 plus side of ham, bacon or sausage for $1.5 more). For some plain ol' good food at reasonable prices with friendly (if occasionally a bit slow) service, check this place out!

Date of visit: July 2017