See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018

First off, I need to stop doubting TripAdvisor users. most of the reviews of the kachina lodge are spot on.
This hotel was built in the 1960s and looks like it has never been updated. To many areas needing remodeling and simple maintenance for me to mention.
Having worked as an executive in the hotel industry for 20 years at a very old five-star five diamond resort, I can tell you that the way you survive is to continually re-invest in your property, this is done not only with furnishing’s and amenities but also with the training of your management staff and employees. You must continually re- invent your self for the changing needs of your guests. What was good enough in the 60s is not what travelers are looking for now. My wife and I love old quirky and rustic lodges but this one has just been plain run into the ground. the owners are failing their managers, they are failing the employees and mostly the city of Tao's. And their guests.hard words to read but the purpose of trip adviser is just that.
We will not be back, Taos has much better options for the money we spent.
My advice for the owners! Nothing lasts forever. Florida is nice this time of year.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank huckdad
Dean K, General Manager at Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

To Huckdad,
Thanks for your comments. I assure you we'll seriously give attention to your comments and make improvements. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The Kachina Lodge is quaint. The outside grounds, trees, and large covered patio were perfect for our needs. Front desk personnel especially Sheri and Cheryl were wonderful and most helpful! The pool is perfect on hot summer days. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. I loved the shower head and the bed was most comfortable!
Maintenance was quick to respond to my concerns.
A special thank you to Augie for loaning me tools and glue.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank dianncullen1

To Dianncullen,

We're so pleased to receive your nice comments about your stay and some of our staff. Thanks for your patronage!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We had stayed at this motel a few years back and it was decent so we thought we’d try it again. Well that was a mistake , they must have changed management or owners because the service at the front desk was atrocious. When we finally got to our room there had been no renovations and it was quite outdated and old. We went to turn on the tv but there was no remote . Tried to call the front desk but no one answered so we went up there and asked fora remote and if it was programmed. We were assured it was-well it was not and again went up front and they were rude so we asked for our money back and left!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We saw several signs for this motel on the road so took a chance and wow were we sorry. First when we went to our room it smelled old and musty. We turned the AC unit on and went to dinner. When we returned we realized that carpet must have been from when it was built in the 60’s and it was dirty. Not much lighting either. The bathroom needed lots of help too. The toilet seat was up......don’t stay there. If there was a zero stars I would have given that to this place. I would guess it was a beautiful place when it was built but hasn’t been updated since.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kathleen C
Dean K, General Manager at Kachina Lodge Resort and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

To Kathleen C,

Thanks for your report. We will do our best,

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Booked 2 rooms through Bookit. 1 room when we got there but supervisor was very nice and was able to get us the second room. Dinner terrible. Food blah, service terrible with only 2 other people in there. Lemonade tasted like water with a splash of lemon. Didn’t eat breakfast there since the dinner was so bad. Indian dancers amazing. Put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door before we left for a balloon ride. Came back and they had came in anyways and cleaned. I told front desk when we checked out and he was going to forward the message to the supervisor. Very polite employees. Old and rustic place but really clean. Needs some updating but gives you the enjoyment of the letter years. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms were nice.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank harleychadx

To Harleychadx,

Thanks for your report, with your report we can strive to improve.