“Green or Red - You can't go wrong with either, so might as well as for Christmas style”

Michaels Kitchen Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #14 of 135 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: USD 7 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not a big red chile fan, but Christmas style breakfast burrito was FANTASTIC! You can't go wrong with Michael's. Every time I visit Taos, I make sure that I eat at least one meal. Also, the cinnamon rolls are HUGE! Make sure you visit also.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed 2 November 2018

so many chooses you will leave so full, if you are in Taos at least one morning you have to go down and try this place, it is a Taos tradition for locals and visitors

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Michael’s was our “go to” for breakfast and lunch. Excellent choices and very good service. I recommend the Reuben Sandwich! Best I’ve ever had!

Reviewed 28 October 2018

"Best" breakfast place in Taos--had my eye on the blue corn pancakes but I'm not a fan of fake maple syrup. I got the French toast instead (yes, most people put syrup on French toast but I rely on the powdered sugar). It was served hot. Very thin slices of their signature cinnamon bread and there was minimal egg wash rather than a good soaking through. (Next table over had a breakfast burrito and it looked hearty). Next time I'll try BearClaw down the street.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Yes, tourists flock here in the heart of Taos (including me), but the ambience and food is delicious. It’s not sophisticated cuisine, but traditional local fare that leaves you satisfied and ready to explore the town.

Date of visit: August 2018