“Tops for Breakfast and/or Baked Goods in Taos”

Michaels Kitchen Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: USD 7 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 17 January 2018

There's regularly a wait for tables at this local institution which still serves the best breakfast and baked goods in town. We hit it for a late breakfast and found the "New Mexico eggs benedict" and breakfast burrito tasty, filling and fully satisfying. Their green chile sauce is flavorful without burning, and was enough to drown the burrito, just as I like it. The green chile in the "NM eggs benedict", however, was almost tasteless in the hollandaise sauce. The issue stemmed from not using enough, I think. My wife couldn't resist a glazed, sprinkles-laden donut, which she pronounced "heavenly".

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Cream puffs were amazing. Light & airy, rich fresh cream filling, and dusted in powdered sugar. Definitely worth a stop!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stopped here after touring the Taos Pueblo, and it was every bit as good as reviews had promised ! The service was great - and although I can't remember what we had for lunch - the fries that came with the sandwich were awesome ! We were lucky to find a parking spot, as this is also a favorite place for locals as well as tourists. We would definitely go back !!

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Wow! Just happened by this place for breakfast and all i can say is WOW! Cinnamon rolls as big as your face! My breakfast burrito was just as big and delicious. Red and green sauce are the bomb

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was there for breakfast with my family and was pretty impressed by their decoration. Aside from that, their bread and panckakes and omelettes were more than good. The waiters were very kind and the overall service pretty good. As other reviewers say, at noon the place is full!