“Great food and Serivce”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Made 730 reservation for Christmas dinner. Arrived early, Hostess said she thought she could seat me early and left. Came back, several other people arrived who she and the other hostess took care of. Nothing was said about early seating Several couples came in who had 730 reservations who were seated before me. When I said something to the younger hostess, she said your reservation isn't until 730 and it is not 730, it was shy 5 minutes. Her facial expression and tone was rude. The other hostess asked if a table for 2, I said no just one. She apologized and used the excuse that they got busy, which they did..... My server was very polite and took very good care of me. The food was very good. I have traveled solo many times and have had to deal with younger individuals who will wait on a couple before a single female. I always tip above 20% because I know the server will not make a good tip for one person as they would for 2 or more. Shame the young lady was rude, I would have given the place a 5.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Great chili rellenos and guacamole. Tomatillo salsa was very good. We had dinner served in room two nights and the service was good, when there were errors, things were corrected without much ado.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Went there for a late lunch after a morning at the Taos Pueblo (what a great place). Place was virtually empty. Waitress was cheery and helpful. Having read reviews of the trout, that is what we wanted but its not on the lunch menu. So we asked if we could get it anyway. After a few minutes and several excuses as to why it may not be available, she came back to tell us we could get it. Wonderfully delicious. Skin on (crispy and tasty) deboned and perfectly prepared. The red chile croquette was fabulous (the waitress didn't know what it was because she didn't work dinner,had to go ask). All in all an experience that lead to very good meal.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I live in Taos, and I've been eating at Doc Martin's at the Taos Inn for 40 years. This morning I ordered the blue corn blueberry pancakes which used to be a real treat. Today they had an odd taste to them and appeared to have been made at least a day before and barely reheated to be served. Please reconsider this dish and either make the pancakes fresh for each customer or take them off the menu. Another member of our party ordered them as well, and neither of us ate more than a couple of bites. Our waitress Patricia was excellent and very accommodating.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Yum! Stopped here for the Saturday Brunch was not disappointed. My eggs benedict with smoked trout was fantastic, and when in New Mexico you can't miss the green chili burger. Their special Brunch Bloody Mary was only $4, and I chose the Chocotini because after all, we're on vacation!