All reviewsself sustainingoff gridsustainable livingrecycled materialsgreen housesolar powersq ftself guided tourunique architectureseptic systemfull kitchenchicken coopcomforts of homestayed two nightsper nightliving roomvisiting taos
Reviewed 17 August 2017

A Very interesting, educational experience. Learn all about sustainable living, water harvesting, solar heating/cooling, wind electric power. The structures are unique. We enjoyed the self-guided tour, video presentation and photographs. You can even book an Earthship for a stay. Earthships are available for purchase. Global outreach programs empower people to live self-sufficiently.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sereus448
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This experience was so much more than I even expected. We had a wonderful time in this beautiful earthship which is a work of art. The details that went into the construction are mind boggling. Everywhere you looked inside and out you saw something else that was just amazing. We stayed in the Phoenix and it was wonderful. The mountain views, the fresh eggs from your own chickens, the rabbits who visited in the morning...

Stayed: July 2017
3  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I stayed for a week in two different Earthships and they were amazing! The history and the architecture were phenomenal. Both homes were beautifully decorated with greenhouses, lush plants and mostly cool during the hot days of summer. If the temperatures rose, the homes cooled with summer winds evenings. The outside spaces were quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank sadiedust
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I think I would have enjoyed my visit to the Earthship Biotecture more if you were allowed to go inside the structures. You pay admission, to not be admitted! (a $5 donation, I guess!) You are given a laminated page (which you need to return) of what the structures are outside.
All you can do is walk around outside and look at the different structures.
You can book a stay in one of the structures, I guess that's the only way of seeing the inside!
I had heard so much about this, I was definitely disappointed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Crossrdsgal
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

If you are interested in sustainable living or experimental architecture and you are visiting Taos, this place is a must. You can even stay in for a night and experience little bit of off-grid living.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple