“Such good food. Has a great relaxed vibe and killer Turkish coffee.”
Review of El Gamal

El Gamal
Ranked #30 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: USD 6 - USD 12
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The vision The El Gamal vision is to provide healthy, affordable, tasty, made from scratch, vegetarian Middle Eastern food, with the intent to promote peace in a non political manner through evolving people's consciousness and taste buds.
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Located just off the square the place was filled with locals in the know. Great great food and affordably priced. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch when visiting Taos. Really good vegetarian food that is made from scratch. Two of us had different falafel specials and the other a stuffed pita. All excellent. Falafel was some of the best I’ve had. Tender almost creamy and not mealy. Hummus was great. Ordered a sample plate and wished it was all hummus. Place has a sixties retro feel in a positive relaxed way. They serve breakfast lunch dinner. Would love to go back and explore the menu some more. They have an extensive daily specials board.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I've been coming to Taos for 30 plus years and during this last year, as often as every two months. It is easy to fall into the same rut of going back to favorite places but this time, I/we opted to think outside the box and try new places. Since I am not much of a meat eater, and a lover of middle eastern food, we opted to give this place a try. All I can say is that it will be going to the top of my list for casual cheap eats. EVERYTHING we ate was just excellent. I ordered the sampler plate and chose babaganoush, felafel, and hummus, along with an Israeli salad and the second salad option. It was outstanding. My friend opted for the fire roasted whole eggplant, which was even better. We were both pleasantly surprised that wine and beer are available as well. My friend raved over her chai tea and I enjoyed a very generous pour of white wine. We had no room for dessert but certainly left not one ounce of food on our plates. The outdoor patio area is quite pleasant and shaded as well.We will definitely be heading back here.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Had a falafel sandwich for early lunch the other day---it was fabulous! There is indoor/outdoor seating, the service was friendly and I will definitely go back when next I visit Taos. The atmosphere is old-school Taos funky (and I mean this in the best possible way), everything was very low-key and comfortable. A nice addition cuisine-wise to the gallery of Taos eateries.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had a wonderful lunch at El Gamal! The staff were very friendly and there were so many options from which to choose!