“Excellent eatery”

Ranked #36 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The is a new restaurant which replaced Ogilivie's right on the Plaza in Taos. It is a casual restaurant, with a mune that reflect it's SM location, though is by no means "Mexican" completely. WE had a combinations of startes and salads, all of which are excellent; The Bison Sliders were supurb. The balcony overlooking the Plaza is a wonderful place to watch the activity in the Plaza - the only outdoor eating on the Plaza.They have a full bar, and excellent staff who are all very jazzed about being part of this new venture. It is a definite place for a simple but interesting meal.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This restaurant was the perfect hangout for our family. We went for an in-between lunch and dinner snack after a full afternoon of shopping at The Plaza and they treated us no different than if we had gone for lunch or dinner. We were seated right away. The staff was friendly and the food delicious. Portions are HUGE!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I am not sure what we were expecting, I guess not a lot after reading the reviews. First of all the view of the plaza with the lights was fantastic. Our server was over the top amazing. He went above and beyond not just service for dinner but getting to know us and giving us some places to check out.

We had crispy green beans; they were awesome. We were burned out on chilis and Mexican, and we wanted basic. The grilled chicken sandwich and a burger with fries were just what we needed. Could not have asked for more, if your in town give it a try!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Road trip through Taos yesterday and was looking for a great lunch spot and after reading several reviews decided to try Gorge Bar & Grill. We are so glad we did. Had a great table next to the fireplace. Service was quick and no wait. The food was delicious. I had the soup and sandwich combo and the black bean soup special was flavorful and a spicy. Others had the Hawaiian Jalapeño burger which looked fantastic and another had the fish which looked equally as good. The restaurant overlooks the plaza. Next time in Taos I would recommend going to Gorge Bar & Grill!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

A convenient stop for lunch upstairs overlooking the Plaza ... service was quick/attentive while we did not feel rushed ... the burger, fries and stew were all good ... we enjoyed the atmosphere and recommend this spot for travelers looking for a relaxed mid-day break

Reviewed 27 December 2017

My wife and I had lunch at Gorge Bar and Grill on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at about 2:00 PM. It's right on the plaza, up one flight of stairs flanked with beautiful hanging flowers. We were lucky to be seated at the table adjacent to the fireplace and windows overlooking the outside deck seating and plaza. My wife had a strawberry Margarita which was a bit sour to her taste which she fixed with a packet of sugar. I tried a cup of the soup of the day which was cream of spinach; I didn't particularly care for it, but that's probably just personal taste; my wife had a spoonful and liked it. My wife had a grilled pastrami Reuben which she found excellent and on par with the best Reubens she's ever had; for side she had a helping of coleslaw, but it had too much vinegar for her taste. I had the Gorgeous Burger, cooked medium, with beer battered fries. The burger was huge and very tasty; the fries were fine, although I didn't taste any beer batter. Our waiter was attentive, brought out our food pretty quickly, asked about refills and such, and brought my wife a box for her leftovers. We would recommend Gorge Bar and Grill for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, tasty American style lunch, in a relaxed atmosphere with nice plaza views.