“A Nice, Informal Place with Good Food”
Review of Pizanos Pizza

Pizanos Pizza
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I stopped for lunch here, and found the owners to be from near my long-ago Upstate New York college town. I had a side salad and the "Phish Tunnel", a fried fish sandwich on a "tunnel" roll, a wide, flat roll peculiar to that old college town area.

The side salad was great, with plenty of variety in the greens, some carrot and tomato that took the dressing really well. My sandwich was competent, but the roll threatened to come apart in my hands, and the green chile tartar sauce fought with the fish flavor for dominance in my mouth. Good thing I love green chile. I'll be back...

Reviewed 30 December 2017

When I visited Pizanos recently to pick up my to-go order, I unknowingly dropped my billfold on the floor. The man who found it gave it to one of the owners. No current address or phone number was in the billfold, but it did contain my voter registration stating my town and street. The next morning the owner went from unit to unit in my condo complex trying to find me to no avail. Next they went to Facebook and found a friend who was a friend of mine. They phoned her, she texted me, I phoned the friend who phoned the owner. My billfold was returned to me at my home, all contents intact, within an hour.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

You will love the portion side and the delicious taste of their pizza, salad and wine! We loved it! We also had calamari as a appetizer that was delicious. Can’t say enough how friendly they are. Had pictures of food but app won’t access photo albums, but trust me, the food is very good and filling! Sliced pizzas are big, the small salad is big and appetizers will also take care of two easily. We spent $50 for two slices of pizza, two glasses of wine, two salads and an appetizer. We were super full!’

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Granted after a steep climb up to Lobo Peak, anything would taste great. But having read that Pizanos was voted #1 by the locals, we had to pull over. It was mid Saturday afternoon and there was just one other couple eating away. We ordered small Milky Way with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. The lone waitress was friendly enough to you're-not-from-around-here people. We were hoping for the best and ready for anything being so pooped. We split a tall glass of IPA (from Santa Fe I believe) to prepare ourselves. When the pizza arrived after 15 minutes or so, it was really sized medium (per our experience at other joints) and turned out just about right for two people, even hungry ones. Dough was thin and crunchy but somehow not hard. It had large air bubbles around the edges. Very tasty. Tomato sauce was flavorful without being salty and allowed the toppings to shine through. Black olives were also thankfully not salty. Sun-dried tomatoes were chewy but good. And of course, goat cheese liberally spread was the star ingredient and gave it the rich funky taste. Yeah, we really enjoyed that pie! Next time we will have to try something else for sure.

No, we didn't quite make it to Lobo Peak. We followed another hiker's tracks when the trail turned all snow above 10,000' or so. When he turned around, we then followed some kind of animal tracks, presumably a deer, until he disappeared. We were just below the ridge, say 11,300', which would lead to the peak. We will try again another year and of course, stop at Pizanos.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The pizza was pretty good and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Often in rural environments the pizza is less than desirable yet this establishment exceeded expectations. The location is just outside of town but within a 5 minutes drive (depending on where you are in town). They have several beers on tap. If your hungry for pizza this is an excellent option when your in Taos.