“Great experience”

QUECHUA Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here, felt very lucky to have found this place. We had fish, beautifully cooked, and causa with chicken since it happened to be available. And flan for dessert. We’d definitely revisit our next trip.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I had never had Peruvian food before, so I was kinda excited to try something new. There were 5 of us, and we all tried something different and then shared. The ceviche was really good, but it doesn't come with any sides. So order some rice or salad because it kinda loses something when that is the whole meal. The chicken with the cilantro rice was really good. That cilantro rice was the favorite at our table. We got the quinoa salad, and it was very light and refreshing. We also got two of the beef dishes with rice, but I don't remember the names. Both were good. Finally I got the passion fruit drink. I love passion fruit and grow it in my garden. While it did have a passion fruit taste, it seemed to be mixed with pineapple juice. So that was the only thing I was disappointed in.

Overall it is a lovely place with good food. I recommend it, especially for a change in cuisine.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Quechua Peruvian Restaurant for lunch. They have a 3 course daily special for $9.95 that includes soup, entree, and dessert. The soup was light and flavorful and was so good that I wanted to tip the bowl into my mouth so I could get every drop. It was served with a wedge of fresh lime which gave it an extra special flavor. The main dish was very tender, moist chicken with favorable rice and also potatoes with a wonderful cream sauce. For dessert was rice pudding which was so creamy, filled with fresh vanilla (I found a piece of vanilla bean in mine), cinnamon and cloves with fresh blueberries. I love this restaurant. The portions were large and plentiful and the flavors were fantastic. I had never eaten Peruvian food before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I found the flavors were mild, delicious and perfectly balanced.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Best Food I have eaten in a long time! Different, very refreshing food drinks and the best service anywhere i have been! It is a must try this hidden gem!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We love this restaurant. The owner is super friendly and very informative of all the entrees. A hidden gem in Taos. Third is a 5-Star +++++