“Fantastic Dinner and Incredible View!”
Review of El Meze Restaurant - CLOSED

El Meze Restaurant
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hail Creek
Description: We are located in the El Torreon Hacienda built in 1847 which reflects our philosophy, our food and the historical influences of Taos. From June - September we have patio seating under a tent with twinkle lights and the most incredible view of Taos Mountain.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is a wonderful romantic evening with a incredible view of the Taos Mountains. The sunset was divine. The food and wine were top notch, 5 star quality. Loved every moment of the evening. They told us they are closing in October 2017. GO THERE BEFORE IT CLOSES! You won't regret it!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Fred is an excellent chef! He is consistently excellent and it is a shame he gone beyond a finalist in the Beard competition! He deserves it

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I dined here and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service was friendly and attentive. We started off with the jamon serrano and grilled romaine hearts. Both were delicious and we loved the pairing of the jamon and white nectarines. My husband had the tamale which was spicy but quite good and I had the herbed trout which I think was one of the best trout dishes I have ever had. The menu is small but I don't mind a restaurant with a limited menu when they can execute everything on it it perfectly. I would definitely come back to El Meze the next time I am in Taos.

1  Thank Kara Q
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Is the bomb! Its front row seat to Taos Mountain. The Summer is Divine here. I love the food and staff too. They create some great unique dishes and the staff are very attentive.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner and sat on the patio. Lovely view of the mountains. Service was quick and kind with a sense of humor. Had the tamales which were amazing, though really hot. The desert special was lemon curd ice cream with raspberries and pistachios. Absolutely wonderful!
What a great experience!