“Great happy hour specials”
Review of 5 Star Burgers

5 Star Burgers
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. I have eaten here about 15 times during my travels
Great service. Outstanding burgers and be sure and try the loaded fries.
Great friendly staff. One of the best happy hour places in Taos.

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Wow, 15 times! We're grateful for all of your business. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I reviewed this place back in February of 2012, and we loved it then. It was our first stop for lunch on this trip, this past weekend, and we were not disappointed! My husband and I both ordered the 5 Star Burger, with gorgonzola cheese and applewood smoke bacon . . . and it was so incredibly good! I'm sitting here writing this review and wishing so much I had another one of those delicious burgers right here to eat! My hubby feels the same way. We shared a side of their Frickle Fries, which are fried dill pickle rounds with a yummy dipping sauce, and they were wonderful! Our waitress, Bernice, was so great. Helpful and there whenever we had a question or needed a refill. This place is a must stop and eat place in Taos. You won't regret it! And say hi to Bernice for us, will you?

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thanks so much for the lovely review. We'll be sure to say "hi" to Bernice for you!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Great little place we stumbled upon after looking at reviews. The burgers were really good...fresh ground, local meat. Also, a variety of meat and meatless options. Kids meals were priced well and fresh options available.

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

We're always happy to be "stumbled upon". Thanks for the nice review!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Pretty good burger joint! What I really like is that you could build your own instead of having to buy one off the menu. What I didn't like is that you have to pay extra for a side (like fries). Most places that do that are fine dining burger joints (like a Gordon Ramsey burger). The service was good as well--except they automatically charged for tip on the bill (we had 7 people--4 adults and 3 kids). I don't know why places automatically charge tips--it is not like 7 is a large group--or at least it should not be considered a large group!! It seems like this is happening more and more at places though. I would go back again if I were in town though.

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thanks for the review. We really appreciate your business.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Out of everything. Literally, out of fries. Obviously terribly run restaurant. Better off closing than giving this first impression. The restaurant was out of everything all they had was burgers no sides. Ended up going to my first am Sonic Burger. Go there instead.

1  Thank 7,268