“Great Mom & Pop New Mexican Food”
Review of San Antonio Crane

San Antonio Crane
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is not the Crane Restaurant in Lemitar, NM. It is on Pino ST. Just behind the Buckhorn. 17 Pino S San Antonio, NM 87832(575) 835-2208
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This charming, out-of-the way restaurant is definitely worth the stop. We sat in the screened-in porch area furnished with colorfully painted outdoor cement tables and chairs (portable cushions thoughtfully hung on the wall). My husband enjoyed the green chili enchilada plate served with rice and pinto beans (like his mama used to make), while I had the best tacos I’ve eaten in years. Fresh, fresh, fresh! For dessert we split the flan—only complaint is that we split it. Should have ordered one each. A light fruity sauce provided a unique twist to this traditional delectable. They do close early, so be sure to check times when you’re in the area, and if they’re open, grab the chance for fresh New Mexican cuisine, at very affordable prices.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

My mother made the best tacos in the world--and taught me her secrets. My tacos are pretty darned good, too. But, you know, I might have just found better at the San Antonio Crane! Oh, so good...!!!

But that's not all--name anything on their menu, and you'll find satisfied 'eaters'* enjoying every bite. You can be there pretty much any time of the day, eat indoors or out, or even go for 'take-out' if you need to be on your way elsewhere.

Kinda hard to find, it's tucked behind the Buckhorn (yet another great San Antonio eatery) and well worth the search.

*Oh, yeah...the term 'eaters' simply MUST be used for the Crane. 'Customer' just doesn't express it as well!

1  Thank sharonsD8621CD
Reviewed 31 October 2017

When visiting my sister we always have breakfast here. It did not disappoint! The Huevos Rancheros were divine. The red sauce was wonderful, the potatoes crispy and the bacon perfect. So glad they maintain their quality.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We live in Socorro and have eaten at the Crane several times. Our family just loves their food. My seven year old says the have the best tacos ever--I agree! The chips and salsa are fantastic! San Antonio is "famous" for The Buckhorn and The Owl (they are good, too), but the Crane is always our first choice.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

This place is the best restaurant in Socorro County. I come down from Albuquerque NM each week. This restaurant is a must. I truly use other restaurants in Socorro as an absolute last resort if this place is closed. Hours are consistent. Service is great and good is made fresh. What else could you ask for. NM grown chili and salsa and chips are made fresh. Give it a shot you won't be disappointed!