All reviews bush experience game drives guide sam off road walking safari hot water honey badger wild dogs eating dinner greater kruger on foot other guests cape buffalo water hole fantastic stay each meal private game reserve
Reviewed 1 December 2010

My partner and I had the most fantastic stay at Shindzela, with our most experienced host and guide Dave, staying in wonderfully appointed tents, cooling off on those hot 44 deg days in the pool while the wildlife carried on with life around the unfenced camp. The en-suites gave a tantalising view of the local wild life, looking through the bamboo partitioning, while meditating on the throne. The bed was so comfortable and we would love to know where you got the soft pillows from?? We really enjoyed the tasty food prepared and served by our favourite chef Mileta. Last but not least we saw "the big five" plus much more with our friends Dave explaining the why"s and wherefores and our xray eyed spotter, Laurence, sitting in the "Dickey" seat. I can honestly say we enjoyed every minute at Shindzela and would very much like to do it again. It was really more exciting than we were expecting and would truly recommend it to all.
Kind regards
Earl & Pauline Smith.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before but we had such a fantastic stay at Shindzela that I couldn’t NOT write a review! Shindzela is a small unfenced camp with a maximum capacity of 12 guests, so you know that you’re getting the personal touch! The staff all know sooo much about animals and I’m thrilled to say that we were able, thanks to their expert tracking, to see all of the Big Five, as well as all sorts of other animals! The leopard was phenomenal and the fact that we could go off road to get a close look made the experience what it was. Being 2 metres away from a lion and feeling too close to take a picture was also truly a once in a life time experience that I know we’ll never forget. They have an enormous area of land all to themselves. Also, since the camp is unfenced, the animals can wander all around; we heard hyenas and leopards outside our tents at night!
The staff were so welcoming and helpful that we felt sorry to have to say our goodbyes. The food was scrumptious – much better than we were expecting! The tents were luxurious and it was really liberating to feel as though you were showering outside.
I would strongly recommend anyone going on safari to stay at Shindzela. We absolutely loved it! Don’t stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I had a 4 night stay in Shindzela in August. Shindzela is an unfenced tented safari camp within the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The key words for Shindzela are: rustic but comfortable bush camp, true African atmosphere and excellent staff and service. Each tent is put on a wooden deck and has a private en suite bathroom. The meals are homemade and are just great. In front af the camp there is a small waterhole. Shindzela is the only operator in the concession and therefore you have to track the animals yourself. In the concession there are 2 big waterholes which attracks a lot of wildlife. Best sighting: 2 leopard cubs and about 500 buffalos. Shindzela has everything that the African bush has to offer! Dave, Laura, Eric and Gertie thanks for your hospitality, it is you what makes the stay so special! I can recommend Shindzela to anyone who wants to experience the true African bush. I will definitely return there soon!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Joost76
Reviewed 6 November 2010

After going to Shindzela at the beginning of the year and having a great time, we promised ourselves that we would go again before the summer rains. Well what a great time we had! We were only 2 couples in camp during our stay and had the privilage of being able to whatch a buffalo being eating by hyenas and vultures. What an experance!!!
Nothing was too much for our guide, Mark and tracker, Roul. They were very entertaining, and kept us busy during our stay!

There was nothing better than coming "home" to a great home cooked meal prepared by Gertie after a long drive looking for game!!!!

Will be going back soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My wife and I spent 4 great days at Shindzela in June during the world cup. We loved every minute we were there. The game drives, the meals the camp fire chats....everything was fantastic. I would recommend Shindzela to anyone who is looking for a genuine safari experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple