For those that do not want the big game lodge experience where you are a room number not a name then check this out! The accomodation is in 5 seperate stilted tree houses with full ammenities. Extremely comfortable with balcony, really comfortable beds with full mosquito netting. I am prone to mosquito bites but they provide repellant in all room and in the main lodge. The food is lovely albeit far too much for me, breakfast is a cold starter followed by a hot breakfast that is different daily. Lunch is a hot buffet lunch followed by desert, dinner is three courses, so you are definitely not going to be hungry!!
The morning game drive is a 5.30 wake up with a 6am leave returning to camp about 9am, breakfast and relax until lunch at 2pm, evening game drive at 4pm with sundowner drink stop then returning back to camp about 7pm.
The team at NThambo work as a cohesive unit which just improves the whole experience. Nadine (manager) is great nothing a problem ! Ryan and the other trackers are brilliant, knowledgable and more than willing to inpart and share their experiences and information with you! As far as game well what can I say, most people are itching to see the big 5, which we did in the course of one day! Which is usual but we were lucky! There is so much more than just this - great bird life, wild dogs, jackal, Eagles, antelope, tree squirrels, honey badgers, civet, veret monkey, mongoose and more the list just keeps going. Make sure you out for the lilac breasted roller, their colours are amazing, when they take off you will be amazed by the flash of Aqua accross the wings.
Take dip in the pool, or just laze with a book, if you are lucky enough as we were you may even have a group elephants visit to drink from the pool!
We would like to say a huge thank you to the entire team for giving us a wonderful experience!
We will be returning in the wet season to see it again from a different perspective!
Highly recommend for anyone really wanting to live the dream!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp Kruger National Park/Klaserie Private Game Reserve