“Best facial and Wonderful Massage on Tranquil River Location”
Review of Spa Botanica

Spa Botanica
More attraction details
Owner description: Sanctuary on the River is an enchanting, one-of-a-kind special events center nestled in the tranquil Sacramento mountains next to the Rio Ruidoso River. Intimate indoor spaces and beautiful outdoor settings provide an amazing backdrop for romantic weddings, corporate retreats, workshops, and seminars. Spa Botanica Spa Studio therapist at Sanctuary on the River have a holistic approach to overall health and tailor the experience to the individual's needs. We provide clients with relaxing and healing Mountain Detox Experiences with a focus on mind, body and spirit away from the stress of busy schedules. Let us be your health and wellness partner.
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Just experienced the best facial I've ever had at this location. The Master Aesthestician who gave me the facial was very knowledgeable and completely designed the facial around my individual needs instead of just providing a "standard" facial and trying to sell me a product. The products used were all natural. On the second visit, I received one of the best massages I have received. Again, the LMT was very knowledgeable and experienced and worked on my specific needs. The other major plus to this location is their prices. They are very reasonable compared to what I've had to pay at other locations for the comparable services. The location is wonderful. They are right next to the river that runs through Ruidoso making the experience very tranquil. The rooms are decorated so you feel like you're getting a service at home instead of a sterile clinical feel. Highly recommend this place for stress relief and a great facial.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank TJS0315
Debbie H, Owner at Spa Botanica, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for your kind review. We try hard to deliver a top notch mountain spa experience and your description is just what we are aiming for. Our goal is hospitality, not being a pretentious spa. I will pass your review onto our "family" here at the Sanctuary.

Warmly,
Debbie

Reviewed 16 June 2015

It was beautiful! The staff made our event memorable. The atmosphere was tranquil, picture perfect, cool, and private. I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Two weeks before we left for a vacation my husband, at the time my fiancé, and I decided to get married somewhere along the way. I spoke with the manager Carl, he was very helpful, he answered all my questions and even offered to send a list of officiates. When I asked about pictures turns out Carl is also a photographer. It was a small short ceremony but we couldn't have had a prettier location and Carl was so friendly. We are talking about going back for our first anniversary for a massage or cooking class or something. I highly recommend considering Sanctuary on the River for your special events.

Date of experience: September 2014
4  Thank Cathy T
Reviewed 20 December 2013

When my now husband proposed and we began the early stages of wedding planning, we were both adamant on having a wedding outdoors. We are both from Midland, Texas but live in Lubbock, Texas. Sadly, there aren't very many nice, outdoor venues in west Texas. Then we decided to have a mini destination wedding in beautiful Ruidoso. Sanctuary on the River is breathtaking! Jamie and the team there made the wedding process so easy! I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to get married here. Not only is the location beautiful, but it’s so accessible to the main shopping and dining area in Ruidoso. Plus, the weather in July was perfect! Getting married in Ruidoso meant all of our guests got to enjoy a little vacation with horse races, shopping and of course gambling! I would be happy to share some of my wedding photos for anyone who is interested in getting married at the Sanctuary. Just ask Jamie to contact Nickelynn and I’ll be happy to help!

Date of experience: July 2013
4  Thank Nickelynn_Withers

I was just visiting our Trip Advisor site and reread your kind review and it warmed my heart. I hope ya'll are doing well and having a blessed beginning of fall.
Warmly,
Debbie

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I met with a staff member of the Sanctuary to schedule a baby shower. I was impressed with the beautiful facility, and selected an area in which to have the event. We discussed details, and I paid the $350.00 fee. Everyone involved in the planning was excited to know the venue was such a special one.
Several days later, I received a call during which I was told we could not have the event as planned just in case someone wanted to scheudle a wedding instead. Needless to say I was disappointed. The hostesses were notified, and we all agreed this was a terrible way to do business. I have been a resident of Ruidoso for 45 years, and I simply cannot remember ever receiving this kind of treatment from a local business. My check was returned; however, my advice to anyone scheduling at the Santuaary On The River..proceed with caution!

Date of experience: March 2013
7  Thank MEK47

Been to Spa Botanica? Share your experiences!