Open today: Closed

Wedding deserves a 10!

Reviewed 19 October 2016
Jennifer B
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2017

My wife and I always love massages on vacation. Have friend in Ruidoso, and said this was the place. The grounds are beautiful, but peaceful and quiet, even though just off main street.
Found a chair down by the river to read while my wife had her massage, and then it was my turn.
Sandra Gussett did both of our massages, and with our time constraints, she came into town on her day off to take care of us. She was awesome, one of best massages in a long time. Went way past my one hour RSVP, making sure all my hot spots addressed.
When in town, send your wife for a spa day while you golf, but make sure you treat yourself to a massage with Sandra.

2  Thank DavidG3900
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for a outdoor venue to get married this is the place. They exceeded in all areas. The staff was very polite. The grounds very well kept and one of my favorites the bridal suite. All the ladies got ready in the suite and helped me get in my dress for the ceremony. The river in the background is great. We opted for no music so we could hear the river and it was perfect. I planned it all even tho it was small and they made sure to let me know what to bring. I also was given a list of different vendors which helped since we live in El Paso. Everything was planned via phone or email until 2 weeks prior to wedding. This is when we got a tour of the property and my husband made a comment that it was nicer than he had thought it would be. I was very happy seeing how I was the one making all arrangements. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our special day one to remember. David and Jennifer Brault

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Just experienced the best facial I've ever had at this location. The Master Aesthestician who gave me the facial was very knowledgeable and completely designed the facial around my individual needs instead of just providing a "standard" facial and trying to sell me a product. The products used were all natural. On the second visit, I received one of the best massages I have received. Again, the LMT was very knowledgeable and experienced and worked on my specific needs. The other major plus to this location is their prices. They are very reasonable compared to what I've had to pay at other locations for the comparable services. The location is wonderful. They are right next to the river that runs through Ruidoso making the experience very tranquil. The rooms are decorated so you feel like you're getting a service at home instead of a sterile clinical feel. Highly recommend this place for stress relief and a great facial.

1  Thank TJS0315
Debbie H, Owner at Spa Botanica, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for your kind review. We try hard to deliver a top notch mountain spa experience and your description is just what we are aiming for. Our goal is hospitality, not being a pretentious spa. I will pass your review onto our "family" here at the Sanctuary.

Warmly,
Debbie

Reviewed 16 June 2015

It was beautiful! The staff made our event memorable. The atmosphere was tranquil, picture perfect, cool, and private. I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Two weeks before we left for a vacation my husband, at the time my fiancé, and I decided to get married somewhere along the way. I spoke with the manager Carl, he was very helpful, he answered all my questions and even offered to send a list of officiates. When I asked about pictures turns out Carl is also a photographer. It was a small short ceremony but we couldn't have had a prettier location and Carl was so friendly. We are talking about going back for our first anniversary for a massage or cooking class or something. I highly recommend considering Sanctuary on the River for your special events.

4  Thank Cathy T
Reviewed 20 December 2013

When my now husband proposed and we began the early stages of wedding planning, we were both adamant on having a wedding outdoors. We are both from Midland, Texas but live in Lubbock, Texas. Sadly, there aren't very many nice, outdoor venues in west Texas. Then we decided to have a mini destination wedding in beautiful Ruidoso. Sanctuary on the River is breathtaking! Jamie and the team there made the wedding process so easy! I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to get married here. Not only is the location beautiful, but it’s so accessible to the main shopping and dining area in Ruidoso. Plus, the weather in July was perfect! Getting married in Ruidoso meant all of our guests got to enjoy a little vacation with horse races, shopping and of course gambling! I would be happy to share some of my wedding photos for anyone who is interested in getting married at the Sanctuary. Just ask Jamie to contact Nickelynn and I’ll be happy to help!

4  Thank Nickelynn_Withers

I was just visiting our Trip Advisor site and reread your kind review and it warmed my heart. I hope ya'll are doing well and having a blessed beginning of fall.
Warmly,
Debbie

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I met with a staff member of the Sanctuary to schedule a baby shower. I was impressed with the beautiful facility, and selected an area in which to have the event. We discussed details, and I paid the $350.00 fee. Everyone involved in the planning was excited to know the venue was such a special one.
Several days later, I received a call during which I was told we could not have the event as planned just in case someone wanted to scheudle a wedding instead. Needless to say I was disappointed. The hostesses were notified, and we all agreed this was a terrible way to do business. I have been a resident of Ruidoso for 45 years, and I simply cannot remember ever receiving this kind of treatment from a local business. My check was returned; however, my advice to anyone scheduling at the Santuaary On The River..proceed with caution!

7  Thank MEK47