“Idube (+ sister-lodge Lukimbi) is a MUST if you go to Krüger!”

Idube Game Reserve Lodge
Lux
“Idube (+ sister-lodge Lukimbi) is a MUST if you go to Krüger!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We spent 2 days at Idube and 2 days at Lukimbi. Both lodges are fantastic. Idube has the best game view and Lukimbi the best location for elephants and rhinos and because of the close river also for hippos and crocos!

In Idube we saw the big 5 during our first 2 drives. Ranger Andreis and tracker "Eagle-eye"-Titus didn't miss anything. From the leopard onto a tree, the lioness which had hunted an Impala for her two babies (Titus saw the las 10 cm of the lioness tail in the same colored high grass...thats why i call him Eagle-eye) and the 100 big buffel-herd....we did not miss anything!

Meals were in both lodges from a very high quality (my personal opinion as a chef myself). The teams were very kind and professional. We had the chance to meet the very charming owners of the lodges.

I suggest to stay first 2 nights at Lukimbi and then move to Idube!

Our stay at Idube (and after at Lukimbi) was definitively one of the most impressive we ever had! I only can reccomend these locations for everyone who wants an amazing experience!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roberto_Beltramini

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 September 2011

It was the best most awesome safari. My husband, kids 23 and 20 and I could find nothing but praise for idube, for Melinda, especially for our ranger, promise and " bait" Maurice ( tracker). People were always courteous, made us feel at home. Food was excellent, saw big five plus plus plus.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed 28 August 2011

SHE was so enthusiastic to please HIM; he had apparently been very busy with the ladies next door! However, the silky, very beautiful, female Leopard did not give up. She wanted those cubs. What a unique experience! 10 lion on a Buffalo kill; 5 cubs, different ages sneeking a tit- bit where they dared. Hyena pups on a Francolin kill; but our Game Ranger, Promise, lived up to his name, he was so proud of IDUBE. His knowledge and professional skills were 5 star, but he was also humble and VERY PATIENT WITH THE CAMERA CLAN, especially when 400 head of Buffalo crossed our path!
The accommodation is relaxed, understated Luxury. (4 Star) My suite was on the perimeter, so the REAL BUSH, as we call the bush in Mpumalanga, almost touched my toes, sitting on the tranquil deck in silence.
The new chef excelled himself with the most juicy, tasty venison kebabs fit for a King.
IDUBE is a low key (not larny) Lodge with every comfort and friendly staff.
My idea of the Real Bush!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I was in Africa for a month of work, needing to span the continent from Ghana to Uganda to Mozambique. I had three days between completing work in Uganda and presenting a paper in Mozambique, so I chose to take a three-day break - and birthday present to myself - by going to the Kruger, ZA area. As I scanned various lodges on websites, I found Idube was one of the more reasonable private lodges bordering Kruger, so I decided to try it out.

I could not have been happier. The managers and trackers were like immediate friends. In spite of traveling alone, I felt a warm welcome from staff and other guest. I actually ended up with one day as the sole guest, as others ended up with a delay in their flights. At that time, the trackers asked me what I wanted to find and completely catered to my interests. They were knowledgeable and experienced guides, and I learned so much.

At the lodge, there were constant visitors of nyala, baboons, warthogs, and vervit monkey to keep us entertained. We saw the big 5 and so much more. I hope to return with my son in the near future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Idube was a wonderful place. Nice facility, friendly courteous staff, excellent food and great game viewing. The Ranger (Andre) and his guide were terrific. They really knew the animals, plants and environment.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room at this plac.