Review Highlights
One of the best Lodges i've stayed at

Reviewed 1 week ago
Mybludog
Sydney, Australia
Experience of a Lifetime!

Reviewed 13 September 2018
aurigin
East Bay, CA

All reviews game drives game reserve safari experience off road kruger national park game lodge my son spent nights amazing safari no problem idube animals food tracker staff ranger leopard
Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Idube for 2 nights (wish it was 2 weeks) in early September and i can't recommend it highly enough.
I've stayed in over a dozen lodges all over Africa and Idube was one of the best.

The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for me. I asked to see the Brown Parrots that frequented the lodge and all the staff were continually on the lookout.

The guides, Kenneth and Culture were incredible. They were continually asking everyone in the vehicle if their views were ok during sightings (and there were heaps of those).

The lodge itself was quite good. It's all solid buildings so not like the Tented camps that are common throughout other areas. The rooms are air conditioned and very well appointed. Everything you'd expect from a 4 star lodge.

The dinning and bar ares were great and i just thought the whole ambience of the lodge with Nyala, Warthogs etc wandering around the grounds was fantastic.

The sightings at Idube were exceptional to say the least. Seen all the big 5 with Leopards being the standout. Also seen Cheetah an abundance of birdlife and a great variety of Antelope etc.

I'll defiantly be returning to Idube in the future

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked for only two nights and now wished we had stayed longer. The staff was welcoming and the lodging and premises were all maintained. The two daily game drives with our ranger and tracker were stellar and they ensured we had close encounters with most of the animals.{The black mamba which slithered across our path in front of the vehicle they stated was a safe distance}. We were astonished by the closeness of leopards, cheetah, lions, rhinos and all the diverse animals small and large. The experiences we had will always be fresh and real to us. This was a highlight of our month long trip and we were very happy to have gone to Idube.
The dinners were the only disappointment as the food was edible but only average and need improvement. Still I would recommend this reserve and hope to go back in future

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We had a fabulous trip to the Sabi Sands area. Highly recommend a stay at Idube. The staff was excellent - welcoming, experienced and knowledgeable. The food exceeded our expectations as well. Our accommodations were just right - not too fancy, but comfortable and had everything we needed. The game drives were wonderful and informative with experienced trackers and guides. This hidden gem was perfect for us!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We spent 3 nights at Idube, food was good, rooms comfortable & well maintained. Staff were friendly & most importantly the rangers were well informed and provided us with incredible leopard and lion sightings. Great value for money.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Do not waste your vacation and money at Idube!! I cannot believe Idube is under the same owners as Lukimbi. We had a great time at Lukimbi (see separate review) and a terrible time at Idube.

I gave two stars because we did have some cool sightings. Those who have no reference of what an amazing safari truly is, seem to enjoy it here, but this is by far the worst of my four safari experiences.

1. There was no hot water--a critical thing in winter and for a four-star lodge--it was a known issue to Management that was not communicated to guests. It was fixed after a miserable morning. We were only comp’d the drinks we ordered for lunch, which is quite unsatisfactory considering what we’ve paid for our stay in a four-star lodge. (My bar balance was not even 15 USD, which she did collect). We had no problem with hot water even at our first camp, where we roughed it, for a fraction of the price!
2. I was blatantly lied to by the female ranger, not our assigned Ranger, (about a snake). She did apologize for lying after I confronted her about it later in the evening.
3. Safari drives: yes, there are lots of leopards here and you will surely have a leopard sighting. But, our Ranger was focused on pleasing a couple he knew (who apparently return each year) over us—to the point of parking so the guy could get his photos while we got no view. After I pointed it out to him, he reluctantly repositioned so we all could see. We wanted to see Cheetah, which I know is tough--but we didn't see Cheetah at Lukimbi either, and we were very pleased and impressed with our Ranger at Lukimbi. We were sad to leave our first two Rangers from the other places because we bonded with them, but couldn't even connect with the Idube one--he wouldn't communicate with us, and we were so disappointed with him that we sadly chose to skip our last drive in Africa.
4. Food was average at best. It was not up to par with the other places (including our tented camp) we stayed, in selection and quality, and should have been better. See next point below—I believe the appetizer made my son unwell (perhaps not adequately “cured” meat).
5. My son felt ill at dinner, so I quickly returned to our room with him in the middle of dinner. When I asked what the emergency number was in case we needed help, I was told to only call the emergency number if we need a med-evac helicopter and not to call for anything else. We're in the bush with a sick child and Management doesn't want to be bothered! After I complained, I did get a phone call asking how he was feeling. (No one thought to send me any food for the dinner I missed.) Zero confidence this place will be helpful if something goes wrong. In the morning the Manager apologized that I was misinformed and said they’re there to help.
6. The rooms are modern, and don't blend with the environment. There was no view. No ambiance here.
7. I voiced my dissatisfaction but no one apparently cared until the morning we left—until we missed the young lion cubs we wanted to see, until we really had a lousy end to an otherwise amazing trip to Africa.

If you’ve been on safari before, avoid Idube!!!! You can get a much, much better experience for your money elsewhere!

4  Thank TravelFever
Reviewed 18 May 2018

The Idube Game Lodge was absolutely amazing. Everything you could ask of for a safari experience. The staffs were efficient and the rooms were clean. The food was very good and everyone working at the camp was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The game drives were the reason we stayed at the Lodge and they were definitely worth the money.

We had fantastic up close views of many animals including the Big 5 animals multiple times on this trip Thanks to our wonderful guides: Bernice and Ronald. It is different to watch the animals in action in real life than it is to do in person. We were absolutely amazed by this trip and all the details that went into the preparation of our itinerary.
We would definitely recommend Idube Game Lodge to anyone looking to visit Kruger National Park and have already told a few people to go to this lodge and ask for these guides.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

the idube game reserve is a nice place to have great animal viewings. since there is only afence against the elephants, all other animals can walk around the camp. the rooms / houses are quite big, maybe a bit dark, but with a nice outdoor shower. the food is mostly very good; only the braai was not to my satisfaction. keep in mind that is “only” with full board and all drinks will come on an extra bill at the end.
in the sabi area you will have great viewings, but you will mostly have 1 or 2 other cars there with you...

Reviewed 18 February 2018

See our comments to the Idube Game Reserve Lodge.
Not only did we see the big five numerous times but also Zebra, Wildebeast, Giraffe and so on.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Simply a privilege - but not safe neither from the wildlife or the locals (your life is often in the balance from those on 2 legs as well as 4) high risk his reward and will be lost soon no doubt to mans greed

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We saw all the Big 5 in a very short space of time. Unlike Kruger you can off road here and have much more chance of seeing animals.