“Leopards, lions, so many elephants and other animals every day”
Review of Idube Game Reserve

Idube Game Reserve
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I cannot express how great my experience was at Idube, I have a lifetime of memories from the 4 nights we stayed there. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Idube was amazing. Enjoyed getting into the bush, no matter what the terrain is liked to see all the animals. The lodge/room was beautiful, food exceptional and the staff wonderful. A must visit!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

While the lodge was nice, we much preferred their sister lodge, Lukimbi in Kruger. You're guaranteed good sightings at the private reserves, but we didn't think our guide was as invested in making the trip special for us (such as working hard to give us relevant information or set us up for good photos in the vehicle). No matter how nice the lodge and rooms are, the safari experience really determines the overall quality of the trip.

1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Spent 4 nights at Idube Game Lodge so 7 safari drives in all. Because they can take you off-road, you can get really close to all the animals. Not stayed in any other lodge but Idube was great. We were always 6 people per 4WD and Promise, our ranger, tried to keep us informed, entertained, and in the prime spot for viewing the animals, even at the expense of generally not having our mid-safari stops. Highlights included being in the middle of an African Wild Dog hunt (poor impala, but such is nature), amongst lions stalking their prey (unsuccessfully on that occasion), and watching leopards mating metres from our Landrover.

1  Thank Crimitorii
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Having now stayed at almost all the lodges in the Sabi Sands I have to say that Idube holds its own amongst them.

Our experiences have ranged from the high end offerings to those just above the very bottom (price and attention to detail).

Idube is one of the more affordable lodges and one has to set ones expectations accordingly. The lodge itself is simple, caters for approximately 24 guests when at full capacity and is well maintained.

The accommodation is comfortable, is air conditioned, has small decks overlooking the bush and includes an outdoor shower attached to the ensuite. With some lodges, I have looked forward to going back to my suite to enjoy the seclusion, intimacy and privacy they offer as well as the uninterrupted views of pristine wilderness and whilst my Idube room was lovely, I spent more time at the main lodge and at the fantastic hide. For the price the room was on par.

The dining experiences are shared and the food as well as service is according to the price you pay. Expectations met.

The game drive experience is where Idube really shines. Whilst we were on a vehicle of 8 people, our guide really went out of his way to ensure everyone's needs were catered for. Promise really did an astounding job and should be praised by management. We were a mixed bag of first timers to regulars and Promise managed to handle the incredibly different needs with great professionalism. If you are not sure, I was supremely impressed with the game drives. Idube's game drives outshone some of the most expenses lodges we have stayed at and ensured their 5 stars from me. Well done!

We ended up at Idube due to a last minute decision to go to the Sands and our regular lodge was fully booked. I was certainly not disappointed.

For the price, comfortable accommodation, superb game drives, good food and lovely service, I certainly recommend this lodge.

3  Thank mlondozi