Review Highlights
Experience of a Lifetime!

We had a fabulous trip to the Sabi Sands area. Highly recommend a stay at Idube. The staff was... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018
aurigin
East Bay, CA
Memorable Trip

The Idube Game Lodge was absolutely amazing. Everything you could ask of for a safari experience... read more

Reviewed 18 May 2018
260kalyanis

All reviews game drives game reserve safari experience off road kruger national park game lodge my son spent nights amazing safari no problem idube animals food tracker staff ranger leopard
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Having now stayed at almost all the lodges in the Sabi Sands I have to say that Idube holds its own amongst them.

Our experiences have ranged from the high end offerings to those just above the very bottom (price and attention to detail).

Idube is one of the more affordable lodges and one has to set ones expectations accordingly. The lodge itself is simple, caters for approximately 24 guests when at full capacity and is well maintained.

The accommodation is comfortable, is air conditioned, has small decks overlooking the bush and includes an outdoor shower attached to the ensuite. With some lodges, I have looked forward to going back to my suite to enjoy the seclusion, intimacy and privacy they offer as well as the uninterrupted views of pristine wilderness and whilst my Idube room was lovely, I spent more time at the main lodge and at the fantastic hide. For the price the room was on par.

The dining experiences are shared and the food as well as service is according to the price you pay. Expectations met.

The game drive experience is where Idube really shines. Whilst we were on a vehicle of 8 people, our guide really went out of his way to ensure everyone's needs were catered for. Promise really did an astounding job and should be praised by management. We were a mixed bag of first timers to regulars and Promise managed to handle the incredibly different needs with great professionalism. If you are not sure, I was supremely impressed with the game drives. Idube's game drives outshone some of the most expenses lodges we have stayed at and ensured their 5 stars from me. Well done!

We ended up at Idube due to a last minute decision to go to the Sands and our regular lodge was fully booked. I was certainly not disappointed.

For the price, comfortable accommodation, superb game drives, good food and lovely service, I certainly recommend this lodge.

3  Thank mlondozi
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Game drives with experienced trackers and guides got us closer to the animals than I ever imagined we would be.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

If you can go to both Idube and Lukimbi, they are a perfect match!
It is not a luxury lodge but it is well run, has excellent rangers, a homely atmosphere and has amazing amount of Big 5.

2  Thank NaneSG
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We stayed here for two days as part of a an extended honeymoon. There are warthogs and nyla's that frequent the lodge as well as some vervet monkeys. It was very cool to see them around the lodge during the day. The staff is very friendly, the food was very good, the room was beautiful. But it is the game drives that everyone is most interested in and they did not disappoint. Since they are a private game reserve they have the ability to get you close to the wildlife and do they ever. They do don't chase or harass the animals in any way but you get close up and personal with them. Our guide, Rob, was a wealth of information, he was respectful of the animals as not to cause them any stress, but does an amazing job getting you close to them.

2  Thank Kellee K
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Beautiful location, lovely accommodation and food. Staff, Rangers and Trackers all keen to do the best for the clients.

1  Thank MR0b