All reviews stayed here cattle baron front desk civic center new mexico solid hotel located on main street common areas nice hotel walking distance recommend this hotel free breakfast working hard room was clean central location waffles place to stay
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, seems to be new. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfy. Staff friendly and accurate. Nice, small and well maintained pool. Breakfast is simple but good. Restaurants in walking distance. There’s also a small fitness room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pascall K
Reviewed 14 March 2018

There are many hotels to choose from in Roswell, this was one of the nicer properties I believe. It was nice, clean, and convenient. The front desk staff, Peggy, was very helpful upon checking in. I understand that recent renovations had been done, which was apparent. Unfortunately, the lower rating to our stay was due to the location of our room. We were placed near the front entrance canopy where pigeons and decided to roost. Therefore there was much cooing and singing most of the evening and into the morning. Our room also faced the busy Main Street, which cars were racing up and down into the late evening. I think it would be a good idea if the property did something to prevent the pigeons from making this their home. WiFi was slow. When looking for a hotel directory of services, we could not find one so I buzzed downstairs to ask the front desk for a folder, brochure, etc. Instead of offering me one, the new front desk staff just asked, "what do you want to know?" - 1) WiFi password 2) Pool hours 3) Breakfast hours - and that's all I was given. Breakfast was acceptable, I did expect a little better from Fairfield, but numerous items were empty when we arrived (there was still 1.5 hours to go of breakfast). Anyway, it is a nice clean property, I would choose again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing Main Street.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FarmGirl62
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We stayed here when in Roswell. Hotel is not as good as what fairfield inn brand is other places. Not much to complain but not at all cheery and clean feel you get in other locations. Breakfast was really good though! Hotel does offer discounts for some local restaurants, but you may get better deal just following restaurant's own discounts.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This newly renovated place is bright and clean. The furnishings are comfortable and practical. On top of all things, they have the biggest TVs among all the other hotels we have stayed, including the full service Marriotts. It is also conveniently located next to Route-285 as well as some restaurants. The front desk was friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2017

It would seem I may have had a "remodeled" room. It had new carpet, but the furniture was sort of beat up and the walls were pretty dirty. The room seemed a little too small for the furniture in it, probably the reason for the tiny night stands, but it worked well enough. The bed was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was mostly clean. But, the one thing that made my stay regrettable was all the road noise. My room was at the front of the hotel, so I could hear all of the traffic all night. Usually, in that case, I put the A/C on high and wash out the road noise, but that wasn't possible here. The A/C was too quiet.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo